Not receiving bank alerts since switching
DailyRich
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have activity alerts set up with my bank (I've had a couple of instances of fraudulent activity so I get notified any time a transaction is made).  The last one I got was the day before I switched to Verizon from AT&T.  I've made no changes on my bank's side, but since that date, I have received no account alerts.  I'll still get the security verification messages when logging in from a new browser, but no account alerts.  I didn't have this issue when I switched from Sprint to AT&T, and I've seen a few community messages here with the same issue.  My bank didn't see any issues on their end, and I disable and re-enabled the alerts multiple times with no effect.

I was in a support chat here and we ran through some basic resets, but nothing was resolved before I lost connection to the chat.  Any idea what could be causing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving bank alerts since switching
DailyRich
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was trying some steps on my own and it appears I can send text messages to the short code that provides the alerts (I sent a STOP request that apparently went through and a START request that allowed me to set up the alerts again).  But both times I did not receive the confirmation message back.

0 Likes
DailyRich
Enthusiast - Level 1

ISSUE RESOLVED:  My bank did a hard reset of my alert settings on their end, and setting them up again seems to have done the trick.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you getting all your alerts.  Let's get to the bottom of this together.  To clarify, are you still having this issue?  If so, is this happening with any other apps/platforms/websites?-Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is good news, DailyRich. Thanks for keeping us updated and glad to hear your bank was able to get this resolved. Please let us know if you need additional assistance.

-Gerson

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@DailyRich wrote:

ISSUE RESOLVED:  My bank did a hard reset of my alert settings on their end, and setting them up again seems to have done the trick.

If your issue has been resolved, as you say, by your bank resetting on their end, then you should mark this thread ANSWERED. Others might be helped by your solution.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes