Re: Not receiving some text messages on Samsung Fascinate
Funkybot
Enthusiast - Level 1

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

I understand everyone's frustration over this issue and I agree it is taking a long time to resolve this issue. Our product team is still in the process of testing the resolution and we want to make sure that the software is free of errors so something like this doesn't happen again. We don't have any new information other than Samsung provided a resolution, but we are still testing it and working on getting that fix pushed out to users. No date has been communicated. I understand the importance of receiving all your calls and text messages and that customers are tired of waiting. I can't address everyone individually and look at each of your accounts, but I would recommend contacting our tech support at 800-922-0204 option 3 for further options. 

After having a few reports of text messages never getting to me, then seeing this thread, I called Verizon tech support. They weren't able to find anything in their documentation about this issue, nor did they have it listed anywhere as a known issue. Does the issue described above occur on the Charge, and if so, is there anything you could give me to help tech support track down the proper IG to address this problem? Even something as simple as a search term or reference # that would allow the Customer Service Rep to pull up the proper document would be helpful.

0 Likes
cas1stam

Just got off the phone with tech support. The new update was released yesterday. So I just updated it now, so far I've gotten all my text messages! Hopefully it stays that way or else I think it's time to move on to AT&T.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Funkybot, there was a software update released on 7/28 that resolves issues with missed calls, missed text and poor battery life. If the update has not come to your phone, you can manually download it by going to Settings>About phone>Software Update>Check New. 

0 Likes
amk1205

This issue is still happening with my phone.  I have called Verizon Wireless multiple times and every time I call they act very surprised that this is happening.  Well, much to my surprise, I get on Verizonwireless.com and go to the help threads and find this lovely discussion amongst other Samsung Fascinate owners who have this same issue with receiving text messages.

I have factory reset my phone 2 times, updated my towers 2 times, done every update, got my messaging software reset by a verizon wireless customer service rep, done the whole "take out the battery" deal too many times, talked to Samsung customer service, got a replacement phone (another Samsung Fascinate) under my warranty, and deleted the majority of my apps.

I think I've pretty much done everything that I could possibily do.  I'm done with Droid, now I want Verizon to give me an iPhone under my warranty... this is ridiculous!!

Please tell me what I should do next... maybe I'm missing something..

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

amk1205 wrote:

I think I've pretty much done everything that I could possibily do.  I'm done with Droid, now I want Verizon to give me an iPhone under my warranty... this is ridiculous!!

Please tell me what I should do next... maybe I'm missing something..

The issues have been resolved with a software update.  If you are still having problems you might try another fasinate. Also I would format your SD card to make sure you aren't passing bad data from one phone to another.

Verizon facilitates the warranty for Samsung, there is no way you are getting and iPhone. And you shouldn't, that's not how any warranty works.

I would try to get a refurb droid x or a blackberry bold if at all possible, it is more likely to happen than an iphone..

0 Likes
kdavis423

I have done all the updates, etc.  My phone will still not recieve text messages from my husband and it is in network.  Someone please help!!!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

kdavis423 wrote:

I have done all the updates, etc.  My phone will still not recieve text messages from my husband and it is in network.  Someone please help!!!

Have you done a factory reset?
0 Likes
Redne

Also having the same problems.  On my second fascinate and continue to have problems.  Seems to get worse every day.  In a mission critical health profession and simply can't rely on this phone.  There's absolutely no consistent answers from Verizon and a general unwillingness to do the right thing. 

Simply the only acceptable solution is for Verizon to (1) let us out of our contracts or (2) reset our anniversary dates, taking back the faulty fascinate phones and allowing us to choose another phone WITHOUT EXCEPTION.  This is a safety issue.  If you can't rely on your phone to consistently receive calls and texts, it's worthless.  This is a major issue just waiting to happen.  Anyone want to speculate to the media storm if something tragic happens and it's blamed on the phone?

0 Likes
fallxasxwell

I agree with you 100%.  This is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.  I received my second Fascinate last week and will be receiving my third on Wednesday.  I went into the Verizon store twice and the second time they acted astonished that my second phone would do such a thing.  Both phones had the updated software and I have, like many others done every trouble shooting method out there.

My wife works an hour away and tried calling me last night on her way home just to be safe because she was feeling quite ill.  She attempted to call me 4 times, left 1 voicemail, and 3 text messages.  I received the 1 voicemail today (approximately 15hours later) and that is all.

This is in no way a signal strength problem since I am almost always between -76dBm and -85dBm compared to a month ago when I lived in a completely different state and was ranging from -92dBm to -106dBm at all times and had the same amount of missed calls.  It is also in no way a bad app considering I have not downloaded a single thing from the market since I received the replacement phone.

I called Customer Support and every representative I have spoken with astonishingly has the same exact phone as me and is not now nor have they ever had the same problem.  Its clearly all in my head.

I am in the midst of job hunting and a working phone is absolutely crucial.  I am completely outraged by the responses I have been given.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

It is like there are two different Fascinates

This update fixes some Phones But Breaks Others

I was with out a Phone for almost 4 Months

Until the ED05 update this did fix my phone I have had no Problems since the update

Calls and text are coming through battery good

I do feel your Pain Sorry you are having the problems

I think because the phones are so different they can not fix all phones

If they send another update to fix your phone it will surly break another set ( Mine)

So either way someone will have a broke phone

0 Likes