Re: Not receiving some text messages on Samsung Fascinate
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Nope same problem after the update and missed calls. I think It's time for a new phone

0 Likes
mswendy

i did the newest update and it's still the same problem.

no sound notification when i receive a text with the screen off. no sound notification with text with screen on. still getting missed text messages from in network texters.

honestly, i think this update made it worse. i wouldn't download if i were you. 

lets see what other updates you guys have that will make this phone worse than it already is. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I will send information to our product team that users are still having this issue after the update. 

0 Likes
shinn0695

ever since you've pushed the 2.2 update ive also been having nothing but issues. same problems as everyone else but this last update just screwed everything up completely. The fact that i can't send or receive important texts is a huge issue. Please resolve this as soon as possible. I really dont want to have a useless phone for an extended period of time.

0 Likes
tygreiz

I just recently (and yes, since the update) have been having the same issue along with a ton of others...i'm so frustrated..

It is completely unacceptable ..I use my phone for work and feel completely handicapped.  The other day I received a text that the was 3-4 sentences.  The sender told me that the first two sentences were correct..but the last few were pieces of texts sent days prior.  That the????  I'm so fed up with the lack of help.

0 Likes
Sexxisol
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm having the same issues, my texts are not going through. I can receive some but not all.  I have to power off my phone in order for the texts to go through and recently my phone will not turn on unless I plug into a charger.  This is crazy as I don;t carry a charger with me at all times..  I'm tired of calling or visiting Verizon and their only solution is a hard reset. These isssues need to be addressed and take care of.  I pay a lot of money as I'm sure everyone else does to have less then perfect service!!!!

0 Likes
justbeachee

I'm having the same problems, someone says they text me and I don't get it, or I hear the text alert and don't see it.  I also was not getting some calls which the verizon tech say I needed to update my towers which I did.  I get the calls but the texts are still messed up and It seems it started after the OS upgrade..... when will it get fixed???

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Are you using any text messaging applications? Do you have a high thread count with that contact? 

0 Likes
ncb329

Just an update: I'm the customer who originally posted this problem and now (3 weeks later) I am still having the same issues. I installed the new update last week and still nothing has changed. Every day I miss several texts from people on both verizon and other networks. I have not recently switched carriers, I've actually been a verizon customer with this same number for 9 years, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

0 Likes
greend21

I'm having the same problem with both texts and calls.  I noticed it mostly with my girlfriend who has ATT but that is because she is the one I am texting the most.  Also, last night I was told I was called three different time and my phone never rang or said I had missed calls.  It went straight to voicemail.  In the case of the texts, my account online says I received the texts but they never come to my phone.  This has been happening for a couple of months and is becoming more frequent.

0 Likes