Not waiting for Froyo anymore have a better deal!
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Been into store so much complaining about Froyo and the other phones that I got a signed agreement from A VZW manager that when 4g is in area and the HTC Thunderbolt is released they will trade out my Fascinate for it plus and I love this one, I will not get 4g charges for a year only what I pay for 3g. Sometimes it helps to complain but also be nice doing it.

NO MORE SAMSUNG FOR ME!

0 Likes
Re: Not waiting for Froyo anymore have a better deal!
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hope you keep an extra battery and car charger handy... 2-3 hours of battery life on the Thunderbolt...plus its HTC...had my fill of HTC devices...Eris (horrible phone) Incredible (Horrible battery as well) meh Ill stay with Sammy and my yummy Froyocomb hybrid I have

0 Likes
gsp10
Sounds Nasty but good at the same time :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Droidbotics
Bigfrank69, did they extend your contract?
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

bigfrank69 wrote:

Been into store so much complaining about Froyo and the other phones that I got a signed agreement from A VZW manager that when 4g is in area and the HTC Thunderbolt is released they will trade out my Fascinate for it plus and I love this one, I will not get 4g charges for a year only what I pay for 3g. Sometimes it helps to complain but also be nice doing it.

NO MORE SAMSUNG FOR ME!

that's as dumb as trading your soul for a donut.

0 Likes
Droidbotics

I can't blame to the guy, he saw and opportunity and took full advantage of it. This hold update promise has become an agonizing wait, greedy Sammy and Verizon has shown time and again that their only interesting generating revenue. Greedy Sammy is are already updating overseas users to gingerbread, that to me comes as a big insult.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Soulchaser wrote:

Hope you keep an extra battery and car charger handy... 2-3 hours of battery life on the Thunderbolt...plus its HTC...had my fill of HTC devices...Eris (horrible phone) Incredible (Horrible battery as well) meh Ill stay with Sammy and my yummy Froyocomb hybrid I have

Well I have heard good things about HTC and as far as extra batterys and charging, it cant be any worse than the Fascinate which when playing around with on Facebook just mainly looking at poatings i have to put on charger every 3 hours and at night with full charge nothing running but auto sync It will drop 25 to 30 percent.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Droidbotics wrote:
Bigfrank69, did they extend your contract?

Well if you mean sign another 2 years when I get the Thunderbolt then yes. As far as extending contract im not reall sure just that as usuall everytime I get a discount on a phone locked in for another two years which I dont mind because I still think Verizon is still the best out there.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 wrote:

bigfrank69 wrote:

NO MORE SAMSUNG FOR ME!

that's as dumb as trading your soul for a donut.

Please explain yourself as you seem to comment on many postings with not much help to anyone. I will listen to your feedback so please share with us all!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

bigfrank69 wrote:

Soulchaser wrote:

Well I have heard good things about HTC and as far as extra batterys and charging, it cant be any worse than the Fascinate which when playing around with on Facebook just mainly looking at poatings i have to put on charger every 3 hours and at night with full charge nothing running but auto sync It will drop 25 to 30 percent.

HTC is notorious for subpar battery life but the 2-3 hours is pushing it.  Maybe that's constant LTE use.  Heck, I can kill the Fascinate in a little over 4 hours.  People who have actually used the device are saying that the battery life on the Thunderbolt has been blown out of proportion and it isn't really that bad (on par or slightly better than the Evo).  It will most likely be worse than the Fascinate as it has a larger screen, lte and a 100mAh smaller battery.  It's just likely any of the other androids, if you actually use it constantly, you're going to kill the battery fast.   I'm happy with the Fascinate on Froyo (SC 2.9) but I would jump all over it too if they offered the bolt to me since SenseUI >>> any other android overlay. 

0 Likes