Re: Note 3 Poor Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jp0030,

Oops, sorry about that! You can private messages us by following these easy steps:
http://vz.to/1b8XnPy

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pabuwal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have definitely seen poor signal issues since Kit Kat. I have poor 4G signal strength and constant switching between 4G, 3G and 1x everywhere.  And when I do get 4G with 1-2 bars, its actually similar to 3G speeds.

And since there are 100s of us that have this problem, it's easy to conclude that its the update.  However, as long as VZW continues to ask us to do these troubleshooting steps without admitting the problem and giving us an ETA for the fix, we are left with a phone service comparable to TMobile Edge.

harleydavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here! Here! I'm one of the thousands tired of listening to this "sorry" online technical support and to be quite frank I'm tired of the carrier. I can't stand being kept in the dark. My note 3 is basically a brick as well after that garbage update in May. I have looked at other carriers as well but it appears to be wide spread. I will take notice of release date fixes per carrier and make my decision on leaving Verizon when my contract is up in November.

Heck I'd even throw in a $100 for one of those hackers to undo kitkat and get me back to JellyBean.

CountriGal
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can i tell if I got the KitKat update?  My phone is doing what is stated by the recent posters (as of mid-May) and I want it to go away and return to the previous settings so I can once again have signal in locations I've always had it prior to this latest update.  Not sure if it's KitKat or another one.... trying to find out how to tell, and how to get whatever it is undone.

sanders07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to settings, then go down to about phone. Scroll down to android version. If it is 4.4.2 it is KitKat.

0 Likes
sanders07
Enthusiast - Level 3

More than likely Verizon will be last to release a fix to us. The issues I read about with other carriers were way back at the beginning of the year and I haven't seen anything recent with those with other carriers. I remember a condo that I had with a rep with the update came out and I asked him why is Verizon last to give out an update. He told me "we like to wait to see if new software is fully compatible before issuing it out." So if Verizon had done research they would have been seen these issues, especially with being the last. And when I contacted Samsung the rep said this is a Verizon issue and that either Verizon did something to the phones or did something to the update. I had tried what the Verizon rep told me and have Samsung push the update to my phone,  but it wouldn't work either.

0 Likes
CountriGal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the update.  I do have the dreaded Kitkat update, and I would love to get rid of it.  Come on Verizon.... get us a fix quickly.  I've been a long time customer of Verizon but can honestly say that the in-store service I received when purchasing two of these phones last October and now this issue, is really making me wonder about staying a Verizon customer.  Honestly, you pushed an update on me that has effectively made my phone useless 90% of my day.  Not a happy customer!!!

sanders07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update

This third replacement has started doing the same things as the past phones. I am so sick of this. I am moving myself and my four family members (yeah my phone bill is about 400 and now I can not even use the phone!) to another carrier asap! Getting another replacement is NOT ACCEPTABLE AS IT WILL BE MY FOURTH REPLACEMENT!!

tester4187
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been getting very poor signal also. I'm from Michigan 48529. I do armed security in bad areas and I sit in a car all night. It started out with a few bars and now it's none and now it's even at my home. I can be inside or out and lose the call.

At work one night a trailer was on fire and I needed to call 911 to get the fire department out here. Well that call didn't go through so luckily one of the neighbors called. This has been going on for a few months and not getting any better. People are calling me and it won't even come through. I get the voice mail an hour later. My previous phone the S3 worked very well all the time.

I have tried everything except switching the phone out. It's becoming a huge pain.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tester4187

We definitely want to make sure you can stay connected as you need! I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced contacting 911. Let's get this resolved right away!

I have requested to follow you. Can you accept that please? Then, you can follow me back and send me a Direct Message.

Here's my profile: http://vz.to/1ly4msR

Here's how to Direct Message: http://vz.to/1lKLT9T

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes