Re: Note 3 signal issues
budone
Legend

What bothers me the most is, the signal strength is extremely strong, yet even leaving the phone next to the window it will ring once and immediately go to VM or just go straight to VM.

That and the fancy charger no longer charges the phone, but a regular charger works just fine

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is Wild.. since this phone is acting as it is, It's making wonder if Kit Kat in your phone is throwing out a False reading in the signal,  Budone  have you tried swamping out to another device just to see if the calls come threw.. It's weird in how Kit Kat is affecting some of these phones..

Like on my htc the signal bar strength / cdma runs kind of like a yo yo.. up N Down it's current  RSRP (dbm) is :- 94 to 98 in this apt. we live in which consist mostly of brick N mortar. I can go to one part of it and the signal stays fairly well go to another part of it and drops like a rock..

0 Likes
alliecat0817

What I want is for Verizon to quit acting like they don't know what anyone's talking about regarding the issue.  I went in the store and the rep acted like he had no clue.  Really?  Duh.

Then on here, every thread regarding this issue has VZW reps on here asking the same dumb troubleshooting questions.  What zip code are you in?  When does it happen?  Have you removed the SIM card?  They know these things do NOTHING.  The non-admission that there is an issue REALLLLY makes me want to drop Verizon, and I've been a customer since approx 1993-1994.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING, or at least quit pretending to try to troubleshoot it and ADMIT there is an issue.  It is tiring.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't like to see you bothered by your phone, budone. Are you possibly using any type of case on your phone? Does the signal fluctuation only happen when you're indoors or at a particular area?

With the charger you mentioned, is the regular charger the one that came with your phone originally? Do you get an error when you plug the phone in? Do you happen to see the amplitude on either of the chargers?

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Runamuck0870

budone, I'm having the exact same, identical symptoms you've described.  I can be at my home or office, see 3-5 bars of service, go to place a voice call and watch the signal strength immediately drop to almost nothing.  Then, more often than not, call drops.  In my case it will then sometimes require me to shut down the radio on the phone entirely (Airplane mode) to be able to make another phone call....otherwise all I get is "Mobile Network not available" messages in the phone app.

duplicate content, please see: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1111548#1111548

0 Likes