Note 4 randomly re-starting after Marshmallow update
AUBEAS55

After updating Android to Marshmallow a few days ago, my Samsung Note 4 will now randomly re-start several times a day.

This has happened when it is charging as well as when it was not charging.  It has happened while it was not being used at all. It has happened in the middle of a phone call. It has happened while I was streaming music. And, it has happened while I was playing music stored locally on the SD card.

Any suggestions???

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 4 randomly re-starting after Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AUBEAS55,

We never want to hear that an update has not agreed with your phone. Let's see if we can get this resolved for you quickly so that you can continue using your phone as you need. The first thing we'll want to do is to update all apps that have an update available. Applications that are not Marshmallow-ready can cause stability issues for phones. After you do any available updates, please clear out your old app cache. This won't affect your media or content. It just removes any old files that are no longer relevant for the new OS. Some old app data can also cause issues. Let us know if you notice any difference after these first couple changes. Steps on clearing app cache are here: http://vz.to/1Qz6k8k

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes