Re: Note 4 significant Bluetooth connectivity issues
edwinhernandez1986
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so I had previously reported I had major distorting sounds like the clicking you get when you are listening to a scratched cd on most modern computers or old portable cd players. My VW Jetta is on that list and still had issues so I knew it wasn't my car as I've never had this issue with any other phone except Note 4. I reset my phone twice with no luck and tried various techniques i found online to no avail. At last it has been fixed and i can listen to clean audio with no more metadata issues or clicking sounds. It was actually the old Kit Kat OS on the phone. Since I've updated to the new Lollipop 5.0.1 through the OTA update Verizon just released that problem seems to have disappeared. My phone runs much better than before as well. I recommend updating as this seems to be the fix we have all been waiting for.

pooki
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be nice to get the issue with the bluetooth attaching and disattaching the my Note 4. I see I am not the only one. I have a Verizon customer serivce looking for a solution to this. Not Jeeps Ucinnect issue it is Samsung Verizon????>

0 Likes
KTJackson

I have not had any issues with my previous Samsung phones.  Just the Note Edge.

0 Likes
StratemeyerJW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a new galaxy note edge and am having issues with my bluetooth as well. I noticed that I can get my bluetooth to work just "ok" if I shut off wifi -> connect to bluetooth device and then reconnect wifi. I think the last update tweaked the kernel and is not supplying enough power to the bluetooth radio. I never had this issue with my galaxy S5. Very frustrating considering I use bluetooth everywhere. Car, house, etc. Samsung, can you provide us with a fix please???

0 Likes
virtualreality4me

Has anyone fixed this issue yet?

I went from a sprint note 4 with no bluetooth Issues,

to my Verizon note 4 and now can't stay connected to my sync in my 2009 ford fusion for more than 30seconds . someone suggested to uninstall smart remote, i tried this an still have connection issues.My car is listed as compatible on their pdf sheet also.

0 Likes
georgereston

dilbertaz wrote:

I have the Plantronics Voyager Edge headset with the Note 4 and it works flawlessly, no disconnect issues unless I am over 30 feet away (usually more like 40 feet).  Call quality is fine with no audio problems even on full 1-1.5 hour telecons multiple times a week.

I'm glad for you (seriously!), but my Plantronics Voyager Edge headset is worthless to me now that I have my new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (with the Lollipop update). The Edge still works perfectly with my BlackBerry Z10 and my employer-issued Apple iPad Air 2. When I try to use it with my Note 4 the audio is so muted that I almost cannot tell that there is audio coming through the headset. This is true regardless of the volume settings on the Note 4. My voice sounds extremely muted to a caller on the other end of a phone call, too.

I have tried going back to my old Plantronics Voyager Legend with limited success. The call clarity and volume are very good, but the bluetooth connection will drop randomly, making it too unreliable to be useful.

I really want this phone to work for me because it has so many great features, but I use Bluetooth all the time, or at least I used to. The loss of bluetooth functionality is serious enough to make me consider returning the phone. It's 2015, and bluetooth isn't a new technology. This stuff should just work.

0 Likes