Re: Note 7 Recall
Nmoz101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have no idea how people are getting loaner phones from Verizon. I upgraded mine the first day it released. Was on vacation when I received a text message from Samsung about the recall. I checked it out online and as soon as I got back from vacation I went to my local Verizon to exchange it. I checked in at the front and they told me it was a 45 minute wait even though I explained it was for the recall. And than after the 45 minute wait was given my 2 options. I could choose to switch to a S7 and lose my upgrade or wait until the note 7 comes back in stock. And they were not giving out loaner phones. I asked when the note 7 would come out. The rep told me the following week but they don't know exact date and she would call me when it does. And even put a note on calendar call me. A week went by and I never received a call so I called the store today to check in. A different girl answered and told me they have no idea when they will get the note 7 back in stock and that my best bet is to watch Samsung's website for a public announcement.

So tonight I spoke to a Samsung rep via live chat who claims Verizon will have the note 7 in stock next week. So at this point I'll believe it when I see it.

I've received texts and emails from Samsung as reminders I still have to return it and shouldn't use it and so on. Yet i'm forced into a box waiting for them to come to Verizon. If its this serious a safety concern they should give loaner phones free of charge and take care of their customers until we can get new note 7s. I'm feeling like Verizon only cares about their bottom line. Whenever my car had a recall and I was notified I would bring it to a shop free of charge and it would be taken care of that day. I did not have to wait indefinitely for them to figure out how to get the parts in stock. The parts were already there waiting for my car.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

No loaner phones. Downgrade and PAY for other phone while waiting for the New Note 7 then start payments on the Note 7 again. That is the deal that I was given, though it was put much nicer by them.

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

I got the same deal and I took it. This stop gap interim arrangement is what is being loosely called loaner arrangement. I get my replacement Note7 when available without the costs associated with early upgrade.

I was not expecting a free lunch.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

As well as noone should. Nearly everyone is talking @i need or deserve compensation ". No, you don't.  Things happen. Life happens. Bottom line? It's just a phone.

0 Likes
kenquig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a contract buying an $850 phone.  It does not work.  They will not take it back. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Galaxy Note 7 recalled by U.S. CPSC, Samsung says 92 reports of overheating in U.S. | PhoneDog

They have to required by law.  You tell them if they do not refund you and cancel the contract you will contact the CPSC.  It's an official recall.

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Next week this drama ends and I get on with my normal life.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Just a few more days for this recall to be resolved. If you have any questions, refer to this page: http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

-Tyler

0 Likes
BHawkins99

Latest: I went to the Verizon Allen tex store sat 1100 am. We have a safe note 7, original was swapped out. As we leave in a few days for Korea and as the note 7 is again being questioned, we asked what our options were. Salesperson said

1:  pay $800 to get into a different Galaxy phone

2: ship the phone to Korea

verizon in Allen didn't know anything about Verizon swapping out safe note 7's, Carnival ban, southwest fire

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's nothing official.  Some people should be in their return window and can return the device.  If they are in their return window they can also exchange their device.  If there is a recall then same thing will happen like last time.

0 Likes