Note 7 replacement instructions for online orders
Mihos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Only instructions for replacement of the Note 7 are to take it to the store where purchased.  My order was ordered and fulfilled through the Verizon online store.  What is the process for exchanging the phone through Verizon online sales?

I already checked the physical store close to me to ask, and they were no help at all.  If we are supposed to deal with a physical store, then someone in Verizon management really needs to inform them. At the very list post a public, simple to understand, process for this that we can print out and show the local clerks as to how this is to be rectified.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 replacement instructions for online orders
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the recently posted  Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall FAQs | Verizon Wireless

"What do I do with my existing Note7 device and accessories?

Please visit your local Verizon Wireless Store or, if purchased from an Indirect Agent please visit that Indirect Agent Store, to return or exchange your Note7 device. Bring your device, charger, accessories, packaging, and receipts you have to process your return."

"What will I get if I take my Note7 back to a Verizon Wireless retail store?

You may exchange your existing Note7 for any device without a restocking fee. For any exchange, you’ll receive:

• A refund for the price difference between the devices, if applicable
  • A full refund or exchange for any Note7 accessories purchased from Verizon

If you would like to wait for a replacement Note7 device, those devices will be available starting on September 21."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not to mention the fact that they have the most information about their online buyers, how and where to reach them physically, and have done nothing to prevent injury or harm.  They could have shipped a box for return the day they knew this was a problem.  Barring that, they could have shipped one the day the recall was an official, legally required one.  Finally, now that they know that they will have replacement phones they could directly inform (by message to the phone - they are telecommunications company) all the online purchasers that they were sending a replacement Note 7 with a box to return the defective product.  They've done none of these things, but rather have left a dangerous product in the hands of their customers.  It doesn't look good.

Mihos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well it is obvious that we can ship them through the mail, they are fire hazards after all.

More specifically, after some waffling, it was communicated,(or hopefully miscommunicated) that they would only have enough stock to replace the phones actually bought at that location and none for phones acquired elsewhere, including other stores.

All I want to hear is "this is when/where your replacement can be obtained give or take a few days, and this is where you drop off the old one."

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to the recently posted  Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall FAQs | Verizon Wireless

"What do I do with my existing Note7 device and accessories?

Please visit your local Verizon Wireless Store or, if purchased from an Indirect Agent please visit that Indirect Agent Store, to return or exchange your Note7 device. Bring your device, charger, accessories, packaging, and receipts you have to process your return."

"What will I get if I take my Note7 back to a Verizon Wireless retail store?

You may exchange your existing Note7 for any device without a restocking fee. For any exchange, you’ll receive:

• A refund for the price difference between the devices, if applicable
  • A full refund or exchange for any Note7 accessories purchased from Verizon

If you would like to wait for a replacement Note7 device, those devices will be available starting on September 21."

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

tikibar1 - why do you think this is at all helpful: "Please visit your local Verizon Wireless Store or, if purchased from an Indirect Agent please visit that Indirect Agent Store, to return or exchange your Note7 device. Bring your device, charger, accessories, packaging, and receipts you have to process your return."

We didn't purchase from a local store or an "indirect agent."  The local stores aren't willing to accept our returns.

Mihos - actually no - they're not telling us to turn off the phone and bury it in the backyard - they're telling us to power down the phone.  If it was still as hazard while powered down they'd be leaving fire bombs on everyone's bedside table.  It should be perfectly safe to send the powered-down phone back the way they are shipping them.

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

The local postmaster would be the best person to categorically answer this. However anytime I send a package I am asked about hazardous/flammable, electronic, with battery, etc. If I said yes to any of these they will have to follow a more rigorous assessment of the parcel and they would have every right to refuse shipping services. Big companies have their products evaluated and vetted as being safe for shipping so they are able to do so when they ship to consumers.

This is not the case the other way around. Specially when returning our current Note7. But check with the local postmaster for clarity.

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

No one is worried about the postmaster.  If thats the concern they can send us new phones, let us make the transfers, then drop the old ones off whenever they get near a store, less convenient by far, but at resolves the fact that store folks are refusing phones purchased online

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Hope your proposal works out for you.

0 Likes