This is a long standing problem, but it's become inceasingly ridiculous in the last few days.
- At first, it seemed like only AT&T senders were affected. I received their messages between 4 and 18 hours late.
- I now know it is ALL carriers affected. Android & iPhones, different device generations.
- It's not just group chats. It's everything.
- Text messages and multimedia messages are more likely to arrive at early morning hours.
- A coworker has the exact same issue, down to the minute. We both received late messages from the same coworkers at the exact same times, and we're both on Verizon, but she has an iPhone.
I'd love to think this is a device or app issue, but considering my last bullet, I don't think anything I do will affect this. At this point I've
- Restarted/Power cycled my device several times
- Reviewed/allowed all app permissions
- Switched between messaging apps
- Cleared cache
- switched between wifi and data
This needs to be resolved or explained. I understand messaging usage is way up thanks to COVID-19, and if that's the reason messaging is unreliable, then TELL US and provide alternatives so we can communicate.
Delayed text messaging is never the experience we want you to have with our network fantasticjackie. I'm sorry to hear you have this issue but we are here to help. You may be having issues in your area. Did we process a trouble-ticket to investigate your area? What is your zipcode? Do you have others in your household also experiencing this issue?
I have an iPhone and have been having the same problem for the past 2 weeks. It seems to only be in a group text with some not having an iPhone! I really need this problem to be fixed! Please help
Same problem. I've attempted the same troubleshooting steps as well.
I have a long going text thread with 3 family members. In the past, i might miss a text or two every 6 months or so. Now it has become every single day.
Today I had them all send me a test text with the date and time sent. I received one persons text immediately. One persons text came 30 minutes after it was sent. The last text was sent 5 hours ago still hasn't arrived.
We want to get this working for, someguyouknow. To clarify, which messaging app are you currently using? Have you tried putting your phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue occurs?
Google Messages ver. 5.9.092
Phone is currently in Safe Mode.
In a group chat, I had them send me a text with the date and time the text was sent. Text from person 1 was received immediately. Text from person 2 was received 3 minutes after it was sent. Text from person 3 still hasn't been received and it has been about 30 minutes.
Thank you for providing those details. We do want to make sure you are provided with the best services as a customer and can send group messages as needed. With regard to your issue let's look at your device messaging application. Have you tried downloading the Verizon Messages application? If not, please download the application and try group messaging through that application instead of iMessage. Share your results once completed. JasperM_VZW
I do not use iMessage. Other family members in the group chat do. They are not Verizon customers.
I can try Verizon Messages. I'll let you know the results.
someguyouknow, we want to ensure that things are working. Have you tried Verizon Messages yet? If so, how did that go?