Notification Light Issues
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two Note 8s in the house, and both are having some major notification issues.  I use Verizon messenger.  When I get a text message, I always hear the notification sound, but the light only flashes about half the time.  Same with my GMail.  I always hear the alert, but no light.

My wife's issues are much worse.  She relies a lot more on notifications than I do (twitter, facebook, text messages, gmail), and she misses lots of notifications.  She'll turn the screen on in the morning, and they all come rushing in at once with a lot of notification alert noises at once.  This can go on for 20 or 30 seconds before it stops.

I'm coming from a Note 4 and I never had a single issue with notifications.  The alert sound always played and the notification light always blinked when it should.

Is this messed up software, or have they made notifications more difficult to work with?

0 Likes
Re: Notification Light Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting notification alerts and having a flashing LED is important, usmaak. Let’s see if we can get this fixed. When did this issue first start happening?
Regarding your wife’s device, what do you see under Settings > Data Usage > Data Saver?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem, though it's intermittent. I'll be away from the phone for a few hours, but as soon as I pick it up several notifications will suddenly appear (ones' that are a bit old).

Hoping this gets sorted out on an update soon.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settngs/display/notification light.

0 Likes
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly this.  It's intermittent.  The light cannot be relied upon.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

My wife's notification problem with Twitter ended up being a dumb restriction that was baked into Nougat.  There are only 49 queued notifications allowed before it stops listing them.  So in this case at least, it doesn't appear to be an issue with the phone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the default messaging system or 3rd party??

0 Likes