Notification drop down when screen is locked [Bug]
gimpyestrada

If using the "slide to unlock" option on the lockscreen it is possible to pull down the notification bar while the phone is locked.

If using any of the other lock screens (i.e. face, pin, pattern or password) you cannot pull down the notification bar.

I am calling this a bug because it defeats the purpose of a lock screen.  This is causing me to accidentally pull down the lock screen and click on the various notifications that are in the drop down and start them up and sometimes interact with whatever app happens to come up, all while the phone is in my pocket.

A lock screen should be made to prevent pocket dialing the phone, not facilitate it.

If this is a UI "feature" it should be disabled, or at the very least opted out of via a settings item.

0 Likes
Re: Notification drop down when screen is locked [Bug]
budone
Legend

I would take your complaint to Samsung as they developed the phone. My TB does not allow you to pull down the notification bar if screen is locked. I use the Pulldown method.

0 Likes
gimpyestrada

The problem is not with the phone per se.  The problem is with Android 4.0 and your TB does not have 4.0.  Because this phone is the "gold standard" of development for Android 4.0 it makes sense to report the problem here.  If Verizon takes notice they will push the bug report up the food chain until some developer at Google or Samsung decides to fix it.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

This is a customer to customer site

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You need to take it up with Google. The updates and support is HANDLED from Google with the whole Nexus Line. Google to Google support pages and search for the bug in question. Google already has it high priority I believe.

0 Likes
gimpyestrada

You are right, that they know about it, but they do not call it a bug.  They call it a feature.

0 Likes
ghyrome
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my sGnVz phone I have enabled a login PIN.  When the PIN request screen is shown, I cannot view my alerts.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

@gumoyestrada - They do not call it a bug. Random people call it that as a joke. There are ywo bugs that Google is addressing with the lock screen. The notification accessibility, and the menu button appearing while being locked

0 Likes