Notification symbol on messaging contact
fascinate1234

When I hit the messaging button from the home screen in brings up the list of conversations, one has the notification symbol to the right of her name above the time stamp, red triangle with white exclamation point inside, yet I have no notifications.  What is this and how do I get rid of it.  None of the other con versations have this symbol.  Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notification symbol on messaging contact
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you Ann154 that is an excellent answer. If you are unable to locate the failed message, you may need to complete a factory reset of the phone. This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

Please be sure to backup any data not saved to your SD Card. Please follow the instructions below to complete the reset: 

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Sounds like one of the messages you sent out failed at some point. You can open the conversation thread to see which message you need to resend.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you Ann154 that is an excellent answer. If you are unable to locate the failed message, you may need to complete a factory reset of the phone. This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

Please be sure to backup any data not saved to your SD Card. Please follow the instructions below to complete the reset: 

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes