Notifications
smith30102

I have noticed that my Fascinate lacks the ability to customize my notifications. For example, if I receive a text I would like to hear a tone, but if I receive email, I don't need an audible notification. Also, I have to wake my phone to see if I have any messages as there is no LED letting me know. 

I've also tried to stop using the default email as it won't let me move messages to folders. I downloaded Yahoo mail from the market and am happy with it but now I get both. Any suggestions. I came from an Eris so most things are 100% better on the Fascinate.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Notifications
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Hi smith30102, I am a representative with Verizon Wireless and I will be more than happy to assist you with changing your notifications. The information can be found in the User's Manual which you can access at the following link:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5528&m=

You will select the Device Manual. You can find the steps for setting up Message Notifications on page 59 of the manual under Message Settings, Gmail Notifications on page 61 under Gmail Account Settings, and Other Email Notifications under Email Account Settings. If you are looking to setup a tone that is not listed in the list of available tones, the tone you are looking to set will have to be saved under Media in a Notification folder.

0 Likes
Re: Notifications
JoshuaYP

the only answer for that is... be more curious and you will discover alot features in your phone... XD

and yeah... it's not a bad idea if you read the manual ^^

0 Likes