Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
O.S. upgrade
2talltim

is there a andriod 2.2 upgrade available for the faninate yet?

0 Likes
Re: O.S. upgrade
Lepik84
Enthusiast

Tons of other threads about this exact thing. I would say agood 70% of them. LOL

Samsung stated that the update would be released to carriers by end of the year but then it is up to Verizon to determine when it is released to us. At this time Verizon has not said when this would be. 

0 Likes
ksimms

Funny how the newer Droid Pro has the new OS and they still haven't released the version for the Fascinate.

Hopefully it will be out soon.

0 Likes
CGlenn

There is a good reason for that.  The Galaxy S family phone was designed and developed around 2.1, as well as 2.2 was not available at the time of the products mass-manufacturing start date.  2.2 was available and already proven when the Pro was ready for manufacturing.  It really does make sense.

0 Likes
pmm1211

YA then explain why the ORIGINAL DROID Moto Droid 1 got the upgrade that has been out for over a year and was probably in desighn pre 2.1

0 Likes
ksimms

I sure hope they are not jumping over the Fascinate, just to keep up with the updates to other phones. 

Now that would sux.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor

pmm1211 wrote:

YA then explain why the ORIGINAL DROID Moto Droid 1 got the upgrade that has been out for over a year and was probably in desighn pre 2.1

I was an O.G. Droid owner.. It was released with 2.0, then three months later the Nexus One got its 2.1 upgrade, and the Droid community was up in arms until we got our own 2.1 update months later.

I'd like to humbly request that the Moderators consolidate all these threads into a single thread, sticky it, then name it, "IT WILL BE HERE WHEN IT IS HERE. STOP ASKING."

Now taking the side of the frustrated end user who was most likely lied to by their customer service rep regarding this update, it's annoying for sure. Verizon doesn't permit me to talk specifically about hacking this phone on these forums, but I wonder if they realize that many people do just this because they feel like the manufacturer (and carrier) let them down when it comes to timely updates. Don't get me wrong, there will ALWAYS be modders for these phones, but far less people would be trying to hack their phones (and far less "defective" phones exchanged in store at what I am sure is not insignificant cost to the carrier) if the development, QA, and testing/acceptance phases for updates were a little more streamlined and efficient.

And before the Verizon rep chimes in that hacking your phone voids the warranty, I don't think any CS rep on the floor at the Verizon store would dare accuse someone of trying to hack a bricked phone. Playing dumb is a fairly effective consumer tactic when faced with this scenario. :smileyhappy:

- Andy

0 Likes