Re: OTA Froyo install fails
an0dyne
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not to beat a dead horse here, but a bit more info on my issue.

They sent my new handset to the wrong address, so I went into the store to get some satisfaction.  This isn't the place to discuss their (rude) behavior, but after awhile the tech lady took my phone into the backroom - muttering something about codes? -  and came back several minutes later with my phone now downloading Froyo.

Fast forward three hours after I got off the phone with tech support (who got me a new Fascinate sent overnight - I'll have it by noon tomorrow), and the download I had forgotten about finally completed.  For s&g I installed. Lo and behold, little android man finished the install! Mind you I'm still returning the handset, due to the numerous other bugs and issues I've had with this one - and which were part of the conditions of the replacement.

I know that she reset my phone, because, well, I had to retrieve my contacts from backup assistant. However, she was back there much longer than a factory reset should have taken.

Moral of the story : If you make a big enough scene over the phone or in the store, there is a good chance you'll get Froyo somehow.

0 Likes