OTA update reset my app (Pocket) & can't roll back or find file to restore app...
woo_who

So last night I was sitting around and my phone suddenly restarted in my pocket. So I pulled it out to find that the latest update (gingerbread) had been pushed to my phone without my knowledge...

Apparently I need to have my phone in my hand 24 hrs a day to watch for possible updates that will be pushed unless I delay them in the nick of time..

So Today I needed to access my "pocket" app, only to find that the update had reset the app and apparently all of my saved info is gone.

I called verizon customer service to try to get this fixed or roll back the update in the hopes I wouldn't be completely screwed by losing all of my saved passwords/logins/etc. The 'helpful' customer service tech pleasently informed me that Verizon cannot do a roll back, because they didn't push the update, (**bleep**?!?!) but I am welcome to call Samsung to see if they can do it... So I call Smasung and get the lovely automated message; 'We [samsing] are closed right now, goodbye'... and the phone hangs up...

So now I've spent a few hours, to no avail,  trying to figure out how to recover my files/info...FML!

Can anyone help or does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW- I have already sent an email to the app developer in hopes that they might have a solution...

0 Likes
Re: OTA update reset my app (Pocket) & can't roll back or find file to restore app...
Wildman
Legend

I am sorry to tell you this but if your information has been deleted you can not restore it unless you backed the data up before the update and you are not able to revert back to the previous version and it wont matter any way because that will not restore your data...

In a nut shell what you got is what you have and there is no easy solution to change it...

0 Likes
Re: OTA update reset my app (Pocket) & can't roll back or find file to restore app...
woo_who

Right now I am pretty sure (read: hoping like hell) that it is somewhere on my SD card, I just don't know where to find it on there..

I remember when I downloaded the app, that I had set it to store/back itself up on my SD card, yet whenI was checking earlier it is now set to save to my phone...?!?!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Personal data is stored on the device not the SD Card because there is no security restrictions on the card...   Android defaults this to the device automatically to keep you data secure..

You can save the app on the SD Card but not the personal data....  In all truthfulness the update shouldnt have deleted any of your personal data unless they modified the update process, does the apps still run that you are worring about?

0 Likes
woo_who

The app still runs, it is just reset.... So I'm back to zero again (like I just downloaded it) and I'll have to jump through hoops to get all of my passwords and what not, that I had saved in the app, retrieved... What a pain in the...!

Thanks Verizon/Samsung that is going to be hours of my life that I'll never get back!:smileymad:

0 Likes