OTA update
Randy2941
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting an error when trying to update "update_SM-G900V_NE9_to_NI2"  I have downloaded it multiple times and tries installing it at least 10 times and the result is always "Update failed, 402." Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: OTA update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Randy2941,

That stinks that the software is not cooperating with you! Have you tried a quick power off/on, then trying the update again? Do you have a stable internet connection when trying the update? Are you useing cellular data or wifi data?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Randy2941
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have turned it on and off multiple times. It downloads fine, but then I

try to install it, my phone turns off and starts to install and then about

a minute in, it shows an error.

On Oct 18, 2014 8:27 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Randy2941,  first power down, then remove battery, SD card, & SIM, leave off for 3 min.. Reinstall SIM ,SD card & battery- then power up the phone and do a SOFT RESET from settings. You will only need to restore your personal settings and no other information will be lost. Once phone has powered on turn off Wi-Fi & use only VZW Data mode & be in a strong signal area. Now try again to install your update.

0 Likes
Randy2941
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did everything you said, and still got an error.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Randy2941, Sorry to hear still not working. You may have some bad files in your system download folder or another problem. You could clean out your download folder by using a computer and do a backup but I would go into a Verizon corp. store and let them try to do the download and install.

0 Likes
Randy2941
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay. I'll go into a store this week. Thanks.