Odd Issue - Music Player pictures with tunes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded a ringtone and it is showing up in the Music Player with a picture of my daughter next to it (like album art).  I love my daughter, but she is not the contact this ringtone is associated with so why is her picture with the tune?  I have this strange feeling that any ringtones I download will show up with her face next to them.  Does anyone know how to change the album art associated with a tune?  I've looked and looked but cannot find this option.

P.S. yes, I have checked in my contacts and the right contact is connected to the ringtone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Odd Issue - Music Player pictures with tunes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dj, I figured out how to solve the problem!  All I had to do was move the ringtone file from the Download folder to the Music folder.  Once it was in there, the phone assigned it one of the background thumbnails for its art!  I really want to thank you, though.  I wouldn't have even thought to go poking around in the files without your earlier post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Rome_006

Ive been having the exact same issue so if any has a fix for this please let us know

thanks

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Rome_006 wrote:

Ive been having the exact same issue so if any has a fix for this please let us know

thanks

That is very weird Rome.  Your ringtone also has a picture of JPA's daughter next to it? 

When you open the ringtone in the player is the picture there or just when you see it in the list?

I would try downloading another ringtone and seeing if you can recreate the issue. 

Also, browse your files and find that ringtone.  if there is "album art" it would be in the folder that the song is located in.  you can delete it there...the picture would have to be called "album art.jpg" i believe to show up as such in the player.  Maybe im wrong on that part...but take a look regardless

Dj.

0 Likes
Rome_006

Yea I guess we have a connection through his daughters picture somehow HA. But yes I your solution to this issue and it seems to have worked for everyone except one but that works for me so

Thanks

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Rome, Good!

I am curious though, do you know why or how the issue started?  I've downloaded a bunch of ringtones with my Droid X and never had something like this come up.

I'm trolling the fascinate forum because my wife is going to be getting one and I may steal it from her if she does.

Dj.

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rome_006 wrote:

Yea I guess we have a connection through his daughters picture somehow HA. But yes I your solution to this issue and it seems to have worked for everyone except one but that works for me so

Thanks

Ah-hem. That would  be HER daughter, thank you very much. 

Any way, I found my files and the ringtone is in the download file. But her picture isn't next to the ringtone file in there, so why is it showing up in the Music Player and how do I change it. When I long press the ringtone and it opens to play, it shows her picture.  I also see a file called albumthumbs but the only thing in there is a file that looks like a string of numbers and when I try to open it I get a message that there is no application that can open it.  But, I am afraid to delete it, gulp!

Suggestions, please?

P.S.  I even tried deleting her picture from the SD card, but it remains associated with the ringtone.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

JPA wrote:

Rome_006 wrote:

Thanks

Ah-hem. That would  be HER daughter, thank you very much. 

Any way, I found my files and the ringtone is in the download file. But her picture isn't next to the ringtone file in there, so why is it showing up in the Music Player and how do I change it. When I long press the ringtone and it opens to play, it shows her picture.  I also see a file called albumthumbs but the only thing in there is a file that looks like a string of numbers and when I try to open it I get a message that there is no application that can open it.  But, I am afraid to delete it, gulp!

Suggestions, please?

P.S.  I even tried deleting her picture from the SD card, but it remains associated with the ringtone.

Hey JPA....OOPS!

Thanks for posting.  Maybe your phone just knows you love your daughter a lot!! 

does your daughter's picture show up when you play a different song?

And deleting album_thumbs won't actually hurt anything.  If there was album cover art it would have been a .jpg. 

Dj.

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Dj.  Oddly, each time I download music, it attaches to her picture.  And yes, when I play the music, there is her beautiful face in the background as the music plays.

This next question is completely off topic, but you seem knowledgeable about files so I am going to ask.  In my list of files there is a something called ldb.db that is 30KB.  It doesn't have the usual file folder pic next to it and when I press on it, I get the same message that there is no application that can open it.  Think it is safe to delete? What is a ldb.db?  I tend to think of that as a database.  Might that have to do with backup assistant of the sync with my gmail?

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

A new twist.  Althought my daughter's picture is still the thumbnail next to the ringtone, when I play the tone in the Music Player, NOW it is my husband's picture that shows up.  Guess its just a family affair! 

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

JPA wrote:

A new twist.  Althought my daughter's picture is still the thumbnail next to the ringtone, when I play the tone in the Music Player, NOW it is my husband's picture that shows up.  Guess its just a family affair! 

JPA.... I just figured out something.  If there's no album art the player will cycle through you images.  Plus, it creates a "thumbnail" copy and probably places it in the music folder somewhere(although i am not sure where) which explains why it shows her pic after you deleted it.

Next time you load a song, just tap the picture.  It should change from "slideshow" to the built in visualizations.  try that.  Also, you can delete the "thumbs.db" file you may see in the folder.

Also. idb sounds like a "debug" file extension used by the developers. I dont know if it's different on android than on a PC though.   I would just leave it, there's no way to open it and it isn't hurting anything to leave it.

0 Likes