On my second Fascinate and having the same issues with this new one!!
mzdaisy40

My issues are:

the phone freezes up when trying to hang up a phone call, I have to take the battery out to shut it off.

touch screen not responsive, played the NSF Shift and it froze up  and had to remove the battery,

When  these happen I cant turn off the phone because its completely froze.

What is the deal that I am having the same issues with 2 phones.  I love the phone but this is making me what to get a different kind of phone....

0 Likes
Re: On my second Fascinate and having the same issues with this new one!!
cbeamer
Well I went through 3 of them before they gave me a new droid x and I have more problems with this phone music player does not work this is my 3 droid x
0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try doing a hard reset on the device.

Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.

Caution Hard reset does not erase the Mobile Directory Number or the Preferred Roaming List.

Preferred method
Alternate method

Preferred method

1. From the home screen, select Applications.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Privacy.

4. Select Factory data reset.

5. Select Reset phone.
    Note If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

6. Select Erase everything.
0 Likes
JNary

I have the same issue with my phone freezing.  I also have an issue when I try to open a document I get a message that says "must have an SD card installed".  Which I do.  To solve these problems, I have to either power down and restart of pull the battery.  I have had 2 phones, same problem with both and now they are sending me a refurbished phone.   I will not accept a Used, refurbished phone and if they don't agree to send me a new one, I am going to pay the big bucks and cancel my contract and go somewhere else.  I have been with Verizon for 17 years  5 in Florida and 12 in New York.  They are going to lose a very loyal customer. 

0 Likes
tubesokk
I have a question, how does Verizon have so many refurbished phones for a phone that's barely been out 4 months? How many people have returned them because of similar problems? I think they know they are pushing out crappy phones and just don't care. I've been to the retail store four times with issues with this phone. I wont accept a refurbished phone from them so now I get the runaround.
0 Likes
Donnanurse

Did you resolve the problem(s)??  I'm getting ready to buy one.  It looks great!!!   Anything else I need to look for or ask??

0 Likes
pauldangerkile

There were other people with problems like this. In their case it was a bad SD card. Every time that they got a new phone the bad sd card was moved to it, bringing the problems with it. Maybe you could try the phone with a different sd card, or none?

Paul

0 Likes
tubesokk
I returned to the Verizon store 2 days after I bought this p.o.s phone. It had a bad SD card. I wonder how many others had this issue? I have about 5 different SD cards in different devices and this is the only bad one ever. I had to have the tech at the store take his out of his blackberry to prove I wasn't crazy. He said he had never seen an SD card go bad and he replaced it with a new one. Is Verizon hiding this bug also?
0 Likes