Is there a one touch dialing feature available on this phone? I previously bought the Droid 2 and decided to trade up to the Fascinate and so far have been extremely happy with my decision. But my only gripe so far is there is I have yet to find a widget for one touch dialing like what is on the Droids. Is there anything I can download from the Market to make this happen?
My mom has the D2 and I know exactly what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I don't know of any widget like that yet. The closest things I can think of are adding contacts to the "Buddies Now" widget and hitting "call" from there. Or simply adding someone to speed dial. Sorry I couldn't help much.
I've added a page to my Fascinate home pages that lists all the contacts I want to have as a one touch dial. Add a blank page, go to add, shortcuts, then Contact. Choose the contact, and they will appear there.
I preferred that one to the scrolling friends "Buddies Now" page which I found hard to navigate.
I like the direct dial shortcut. This gives me one touch dialing since it allows me to select a single phone number from a contact. Using a contact shortcut still requires you to make an additional selection if your contact has email and phone, or multiple phone numbers.
What you want is an app called Anycut. It allows you to create shortcuts on your home screen for anything, including one-touch calling or texting, Just do a search in the Marketplace, it is available there for free.
The closest I could come to Speed Dialing was to add Contact Shortcuts to the Home screen.
- Go to your Home screen (or slide in a Desktop Screen that has room for more shortcuts)
- Touch Menu, then Add, then Shortcuts, then Contact, then select the appropriate name from your list of contacts
- I created four shortcuts on my Home screen, one for each person I contact most frequently
- Display the Home screen (or slide the Desktop screen on which you created the Contacts Shortcuts)
- Touch one of the Contact Shortcuts
- A pop-up will show, allowing you to Call, IMS, or E-mail this contact
- Touch the Call icon
Seems to work pretty well. It's not a one-touch Speed Dial, but it's a lot better than paging down through your contacts list all the time.