One of our phones upgraded to 4.0.4 on 1 May and the other hasn't received its upgrade
srsjunk

Both my wife and I have a Galaxy Nexus.

My phone received the upgrade to 4.0.4 on the morning of 1 May.

My wife's phone hasn't been upgraded as of yet.  I utilize the "check for updates" daily.

Needless to say, Verizon is causing some marital angst and frustration and I am bearing the brunt of the discontent.

1.  Why hasn't the upgrade been pushed to my wife's phone?

2.  When will it be upgraded so that I can provide her an answer to her constant inquiries

Thanks

Scott

0 Likes
Re: One of our phones upgraded to 4.0.4 on 1 May and the other hasn't received its upgrade
srsjunk

What a load of crap....on the phone with Verizon Customer service and the tech rep insists that "Samsung" pushes the software upgrade out on the Verizon network.  She is so out of touch with reality.  She dialed in a Samsung rep who told her that Verizon is responsible to push the updates to the individual phones...the Verizon rep then went on to say that the Samsung rep was wrong and that they could replace the phone and see if the replacement had the software installed upon receipt.

0 Likes
Re: One of our phones upgraded to 4.0.4 on 1 May and the other hasn't received its upgrade
artj
Enthusiast - Level 3

What an excellent job of training! Sounds like my kids when they were young, it is always someone else'e fault.

You would think that Verizon would at least train their "technical people" to know the basics of how things are done. When a customer gets this type of thing just makes them look worst.Considering the varied response that everyone gets when calling into Verizon maybe there is no training but sales training and customer support people are on their own.

0 Likes
shagg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Under Baseband version it says i515.09 v fc04. The 9 means the hardware version. Check her  baseband version. If it says i515.10, then that's why she hasnt gotten the update yet. Update is being rolled out to hardware version 9 first.

0 Likes
fed1234

Mine says 9 but I still don't have the update. Maybe I should take it out of airplane mode overnight.

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

I also have the .09 version and I did not get an upgrade.  If that info came from Verizon, it is just another lie to pacify the customers.  I am so tired of being lied to.  I call Verizon at least once a week and am told something different each time.  Samsung lies too. 

0 Likes
srsjunk

Well, its 24 days later and still no update to my wife's phone.  Mine has been running 4.0.4 since the 1st without any identifiable issues.

Verizon, it it unreasonable to expect that two phones, in the same household, on the same account receive the same software update at or near the same time?

Why hasn't anyone from Verizon answered my inquiries? 

As a former customer service professional I think Verizon's lack of response is abhorrent.

What does everyone else think?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

OTA rollouts are completely random, so you may not (or, rather, probably not) receive them at the same time.  These rollouts can also take upwards of two weeks to get to all phones.  You can, however, press menu>settings>software update (or about phone>software update) and press check new.  This should allow you to upgrade without waiting for the OTA to be pushed to the phone.

0 Likes
srsjunk

Huh....of course we've been trying that for the last 28 days when Verizon pushed the OTA to my phone and not my wife's.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Well, if you got it a month ago, then you happened to get it before they stopped the rollout that started back then. They only just recently started pushing it out again.

0 Likes