Re: Opening Camera causes endless rebooting after Marshmallow update
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also should mention that this happens in safe mode also.  Doesn't have to be camera either. Happens when opening an internet, facebook, ok Google, pretty much anything when the battery life is less than 50% more or less.

Also should mention that my wife's galaxy 5 does the same exact thing, and has since mm update too.

Just saying. This is unacceptable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your phone performance did not improve after the software update, jkicska. Sounds like the update did not process correctly. Please run the Software Update Repair Assistant tool, and test. See how to do it at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-update-repair-assistant/?lid=sayt&sayt=samsung%20sof...

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

Says the update was installed correctly.  But because you are saying it I will waste my time doing it again.  I am calling Samsung today also

Just to let you know too

My wife updated her phone also and it is doing the same thing so the update does not correct this issue.

0 Likes
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

Repair Assistant says

"Your devices current firmware version is not supported to update firmware"

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

jkicska,

Help is here! Let’s make sure we get your phone to work like a well oiled machine. You’re time in troubleshooting with us is very much appreciated. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information to further assist. Please message me back in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

You simply need to replace your original battery. Bad battery is the cause of many unexpected crashes and boot loops. It could cost as little as $5 for a genuine Samsung replacement battery if you search well. No need for time wasting factory resets. Lucky to have a phone with a replaceable battery!

0 Likes
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why did it start immediately after the MM update?  Why is my wife having the exact same issue on her Galaxy 5?  Why are there multiple threads on Samsung's support form that list the same issues?

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

You can howl into the wind about it or just buy a new battery (I got one for $5 on ebay from Hong Kong 🙂 ) and enjoy the feeling of a reliable phone with long battery life again. It's just a fact that lithium batteries don't last long, and system updates which are extremely power intensive tend to push older batteries over the 'edge'.

0 Likes
ASTARSS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have same experience as jkicska.  Ever since MM update my phone rarely goes below 20-30%.  Before it had no problem going down to less than 10% and even allows me to use the camera and other apps without a problem.  Now when I use camera it goes through reboot as described if I'm at 50% or less of battery power.  Unfortunately now I try to keep it above 60% to avoid any issues.  I do have a second battery that I can use if first battery goes out.  So I don't believe it is a battery issue.  When I saw current update, I am hesitant to go through with it as I'm afraid that it will get worse.  I've heard mixed results, but I'm still not going to do it at the moment.  I love the phone and definitely don't want to go to apple.  But VZW definitely needs to take action/responsibility to address this issue.

jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

They won't address it because they want you to update to a new phone so they can get you on the new pay for your phone plans

0 Likes