Re: Opening Camera causes endless rebooting after Marshmallow update
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is what they told me:

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for verifying the account. I was able to do some research on the phone freezing & rebooting. Samsung has not provided us with a fix for this. Your troubleshooting that you have done with us & on your own is very much appreciated. I can only imagine how frustrating that this has become. In review of your account, you are out of warranty to have the phone replaced. The good news is that you are eligible to upgrade you line to a brand new phone. Were you interested in doing that soon? You can choose any phone of your choice to purchase. Please let me know if you what you are thinking of doing.

0 Likes
allisonc_vzw
Verizon Employee

We never want you to feel this way, jkicska. We have reached out to Samsung as well on your behalf. We want nothing but happiness for you. I understand how frustrating this can be.  Since Samsung is the manufacturer of the phone, they would have to release an update to fix this issue. Have you tried to swap out the battery to see if that helps?

AllisonC_VZWSupport

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

so is there any update on this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking into the progress, The_Sim. We're still researching the reported troubles and want top be sure to get all the details reported to Samsung. What specific difficulties are you experiencing with your Note4?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

I see CPJ2 update is now available OTA. I will update tonight and hope to

see some improvements..

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016, 19:29 vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ASTARSS
Enthusiast - Level 2

The_Sim - What is CPJ2? 

Just wanted to share that I have spoken to others with similar issues since MM update.  A friend has the Nexus 2 and since the update he is frustrated and ready to jump ship to Apple.  Basically, it's difficult to have an unreliable phone that will shut off/reboot when it has sufficient battery life and with apps that are normally used.  I understand that VZW is trying to get a laundry list to share with Samsung or Google developers.  But there needs to be quicker action and resolution.  Suggesting to get a new phone is not a solution especially when the issue occurs across different types of phones.  I am proof that it's not a battery issue as I have two different batteries and the issue occurs with both batteries. It seems there are multiple VZW CS reps replying to customer complaints in this forum only to ask similar and obvious questions.  I'm sure it's the protocol, but seriously, more needs to be done.  MM has been around for awhile and these issues didn't just pop up.  They've been around at least 6 months ago.  For VZW to let it go this long without much action is disrespectful to their customers.  Customers still continue to pay good, hard earned money to receive good service.  In return, there is no communication of any legitimate action or plan to appease customers and relieve us of our frustration and unhappiness.  If there is, VZW prove me wrong.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GREMCS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so glad to see this post since I am having a very similar problem. My note 4 ran wonderfully before the Marshmallow update but has been a nightmare ever since. I have experienced unexplained reboots several times per week (often involving the camera as mentioned in this thread). I have also experienced worse battery life and the screen sometimes getting stuck and not auto-rotating. The Marshmallow 6.0.2 upgrade is awful and has ruined my phone.  And to the user suggesting that a new battery will solve the issue it DOES NOT. I purchased a new battery since that was one of the solutions I saw posted elsewhere and it has not helped at all.

To the Verizon support team please help me resolve this issue, though the hardware is samsung Verizon it ultimately responsible for rolling out the software update that caused these issues. And to answer some of the other questions asked earlier my phone is not under warranty and do not want to upgrade my phone.

0 Likes
ASTARSS
Enthusiast - Level 2

so has anyone tried the december update and had any new information to share...good news i hope?  did that update fix the horrible previous update?

0 Likes
GREMCS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

No improvement for me with any of the recent updates.

0 Likes