Out of nowhere my camera has stopped working
RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past few days anytime I tried to take a picture as soon as I click on the camera button it gives me a quick screen flash saying "unfortunately Gallery has stopped working".  I deleted all my cached data from every program on the phone and still the same error.  Then I even took it back to factory specs, lost everything because the wonderful backup assistant didn't do its job (Thanks Verizon) and still the same error.  I have no addon programs other than what Verizon & Google bloated the phone with.  Any ideas? It's the Nexus S2 running 4.1.1.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Out of nowhere my camera has stopped working
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It wasn't real clear. The camera still doesn't work after the factory reset?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann,

Thank you sorry for not being more clear.  No the camera still does not function.  Everytime I try to access it from either the icon or through the gallery I get that same quick error message. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing the data in the camera application if possible? Settings > Apps >All tab >select camera > clear data button

The other option is to verify the camera doesn't work while the phone is in safe mode. I think the steps for safe mode have been posted on the community forum before.I don't recall the exact steps.

If it doesn't work with safe mode, it might be time to consider a warranty replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RScott69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann,

Thanks I did clear the data then found the thread about the safe mode and even in safe mode it doesn't work.  But I do want to thank you very much for the help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I hope you can figure it out with whatever you decide to do about the problem.

0 Likes