Outgoing Texts Appear to be sent but are not received
smartcookie326

Two days ago, I started having this problem with my Fascinate. Well, specifically around 3:00 p.m. on 5/10/11. I sent a text to my son (he's on my Verizon account) at 2:57 that he received, but nothing after that.

I first noticed the problem yesterday morning (the 11th). I was surprised that I hadn't gotten a reply to a couple of texts that I sent late on the 10th, so I went to send that contact another text and saw that the previous messages had a timestamp of the current time and date. I've since discovered that ALL text messages I've sent after that successful one at 2:57 p.m. on 5/10 will display the current date/time when viewed in the normal conversation screen. If I click on the individual message, it does display the correct date/time that it was sent.

There is no indication that the text did not go through. It's not a carrier to carrier problem - I can't text my children who are on my same account. I'm not texting to the wrong number - I'm using my Contacts list, and the texts that have not been received are showing up in the conversation screen. I did upgrade to FroYo, but that was a couple of weeks ago, and I've been able to text successfully since then. I can RECEIVE texts just fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have you been able to resolve it?

0 Likes
Re: Outgoing Texts Appear to be sent but are not received
wb1349

I had this problem for the 1st time in March. Sent text late on a Friday night to friends & husband. Didn't give it a thought until Sat afternoon when I text a friend to ask what time I was to pick her up & never got a reply. Needless to say 1+1 was 2 and I figured out none of my text had gone through. I powered my phone off & then back on, dropped my daughter off and then picked up my friend. I wuold say about 20 min after I turned the phone on & off and as she is sitting next to me her phone is blowing up with text messages. All out of order & not making sense of course. This has happened a few times since. Most recently was Friday when I was texting my husband during the day. He never got the texts, I again powered on & then off. I just got a new fascinate about 3 weeks ago because my 1st one had some weird pixel thing happen to the screen but it only showed on my camera screen & in the pictures so they replaced it for me. So its now happened to me on 2 fascinates, and with family on my plan & friends with other carriers. But I have found that simply powering the phone off & on again does seem to "push" the messages through.

0 Likes
blove329

My wife is having the same issue and they told her at the store to take the battery out for a minute then put it back in.  She did that and everyone got all of the messages from the past 2 or 3 days.  She is on her 4th phone now and all they will do is just replace it with another one and not let her get a different phone.

0 Likes
ssnguy

I too have been having this issue. It started after there was a software update to the Fascinate phone.  As a side note, whenever I have tried to use my contacts list and direct dial, I would get a Verizon error message stating that the call could not be completed as dialed.  I checked my entries and noticed that the prefix 1 had been added.  After I removed that, the calls went through. 

Another funny thing about texting is before the software update, if I had been texting someone in my contacts list it would give the contact name.  Now it just shows the number.

I hope there is a fix for this.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Blove329, is your wife still experiencing the same issue? If so, please send me a private message with your mobile number or account number. I will contact you to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes