PHONE PROBLEMS
catianusa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding exchanging my phone for a new one.  I bought a Samsung Fascinate 10 months ago and yesterday I was told by 2 of the Verizon stores that my internal sound went out.  When I receive incoming calls I hear my phone ring but don't hear anything after saying hello.  When I call out the other party's number doesn't ring.  I went to the store I bought my phone from and was told the best they could do was to have Samsung send me a used phone.  I didn't purchase a warranty with the phone because I was told by the sales person that warranty would not cover any defeats with Verizon phones.  Only covers if phone is lost, stolen or cracked dropped in water etc.  What protection does the customer have if you buy a new phone and something goes wrong with the new phone besides getting a hand me down phone from Samsung? That is horrible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PHONE PROBLEMS
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi catianusa,

Its unfortunate your speaker is not fuctioining properly.    I would like to clarify the difference between phone insurance and phone warranty.  Your phone comes with a 1yr  warranty at no cost.  The 1yr warranty covers any manufacturers defects not including physical or water damage.  Insurance, which is available for any additional monthly cost,  covers physical/water damage and lost/stolen devices.

If your device qualifies as a warranty defect, we will gladly  replace your device with a Certified Like New Replacement.  As you stated, you purchased your device 10 months ago which doesn't not warrant a brand new replacement device.  I would be happy to review your account and discuss your replacement options.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

your uder the 1 year warranty

samsung can fix it/replace it as they deem best

yes it could be a refurb

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi catianusa,

Its unfortunate your speaker is not fuctioining properly.    I would like to clarify the difference between phone insurance and phone warranty.  Your phone comes with a 1yr  warranty at no cost.  The 1yr warranty covers any manufacturers defects not including physical or water damage.  Insurance, which is available for any additional monthly cost,  covers physical/water damage and lost/stolen devices.

If your device qualifies as a warranty defect, we will gladly  replace your device with a Certified Like New Replacement.  As you stated, you purchased your device 10 months ago which doesn't not warrant a brand new replacement device.  I would be happy to review your account and discuss your replacement options.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

0 Likes