PLEASE POINT US TO THE MISSED CALL FIX--IIT IS NOT FIXED
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

This is the 2nd time this has been Solved in less than a week.

Has any one found the Solution Because I would love to start receiving Calls on my Fascinate and put this nightmare Behind me

As it Stands it is not solved and I have to use a Differant phone to recieve Calls

This is a Insult

Almost as bad as the one from Samsung they send the phone back and say it passes all tests.

So I do my test

1.  Activate it

2. Call it to see if it rings it Does

3. don't Install any app's

4. let the phone set do not touch it for 1 - 1 1/2 hours

5. Call it and see if it rings

I have never had it ring when testing it this way

So How is this fixed

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PLEASE POINT US TO THE MISSED CALL FIX--IIT IS NOT FIXED
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I put the ED05 Leak on my phone and it is Completely fixed it all Issues are gone and it is running like a Champ

This Solved my problem

Now all we have to do Is get Verizon to release it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE POINT US TO THE MISSED CALL FIX--IT IS NOT FIXED
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

This is the 2nd time this has been Solved in less than a week.

Has any one found the Solution Because I would love to start receiving Calls on my Fascinate and put this nightmare Behind me

As it Stands it is not solved and I have to use a Differant phone to recieve Calls

This is a Insult

Almost as bad as the one from Samsung they send the phone back and say it passes all tests.

So I do my test

1.  Activate it

2. Call it to see if it rings it Does

3. don't Install any app's

4. let the phone set do not touch it for 1 - 1 1/2 hours

5. Call it and see if it rings

I have never had it ring when testing it this way

So How is this fixed

Vzw Moderators

Do you realize that marking a post solved when it is not not only Insults us

But it also Creates more traffic on that post Because People are having that same problem and surely want to know the Solution

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I can't point you where the fix is due to forum rules but I can say running the Community ROM 2.0 from Android Central combined with the EC09 Gingerbread modem and the missed call problem goes away!

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for the info

But I would like it fixed without Voiding my warranty

0 Likes
SotY

SFObrien wrote:

I can't point you where the fix is due to forum rules but I can say running the Community ROM 2.0 from Android Central combined with the EC09 Gingerbread modem and the missed call problem goes away!

No, it didn't fix anything for me. I'm on CR2.1 (tried 2.0 also) with EC09 radio leak and still having missed calls.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

SotY wrote:

SFObrien wrote:

No, it didn't fix anything for me. I'm on CR2.1 (tried 2.0 also) with EC09 radio leak and still having missed calls.

That's interesting what version were you running prior to installing CR 2 ?

0 Likes
Pyre
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Wardcst24, do you know what it means when one of these threads is marked "resolved"? I've noticed you complaining about it a lot, but haven't seen you ever state that you know what it means. Because my understanding is that it is an internal note to Verizon mods and employees that they don't need to post on a thread because the correct answer has been given at that time, NOT that they're going to stop working on something. So if someone says "look we know it's a problem and we're working on solving it but we don't know how long it will take" that's considered an answer and a flag that they don't need to say anything else if the anwer is going to be the same again. Therefore it doesn't make sense for a rep to keep posting the same thing on each thread and risk being accused of copy/paste as I've also seen you do on these boards. I mean how many times do you need to hear the answer we don't know yet, right?

My advice is to try to remember that Verizon is the retailer of phones not the maker. If you're going to take out your frustrations on some rep do it over something that Verizon controls which is their network. Try to remember that no one intentionally makes a product with errors because that's bad business. Try to remember that sometimes things take a long time to fix.

Peace.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I do Understand that things do take time to fix

If I am having problems with my Phone and need help I as do many Others Look on here for the same problem with a Solved on it so we can see how to fix our phones

I don't know Verizon policies Internal for sure but I do know it to be a great help to look at a Solution when I am having a problem

As we can see there are more than one way to look at any thing--Glass half full or glass half empty

Hope you have a nice 4th Peace to You Also

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

wardcst24 wrote:

I do Understand that things do take time to fix

If I am having problems with my Phone and need help I as do many Others Look on here for the same problem with a Solved on it so we can see how to fix our phones

I don't know Verizon policies Internal for sure but I do know it to be a great help to look at a Solution when I am having a problem

As we can see there are more than one way to look at any thing--Glass half full or glass half empty

Hope you have a nice 4th Peace to You Also

Also This was on the bottom of the Post from Verizon

Edited Note: I have also removed the resolution for this post. Perhaps once the software updates are launched, tested, and confirmed by multiple users as resolving the issue, then we can mark this as solved. Our goal is to fix issues, not just see the a green check mark on the page to make everyone feel better. I apologize about that, and I agree it was completely marked in error.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Maybe the mods can get another choice added to their list.  Save "resolved" for when an issue is truly resolved and use something like "issue forwarded to ----------- for investigation"

Just a thought.

0 Likes