Re: Paying taxes and upgrade fee?
ARAMCHEK
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is ridiculous, I shouldn't have to pay you to return a faulty and potentially dangerous phone. I smell a lawsuit coming on.

DNIP8767
Enthusiast - Level 2

This couldn't be more of an inconvenience, I am really frustrated about this whole tax issue, I refuse to pay taxes on the exchange. Verizon has a contract with Samsung, not myself or any other customer in this situation for that matter. Yet Verizon isn't offering anything to their customers for the inconvenience. I have been a loyal customer for a long time, no disconnections, no payment extensions, not even a late payment, not to mention the outrageous price of my monthly bill. With all of that being said, I don't have a choice but to return the device, however, as a verizon customer, and the lack of customer satisfaction, or appreciation being shown, I'd rather go to another carrier, take my chances on that 1% difference and pay full price for a non samsung device elsewhere, than to continue to help Verizon grow only to experience it being the worst at everything except coverage. 

DNIP8767
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon along with all the others that are authorized retailers have the signed contract with Samsung, I highly doubt that in those contracts it states anywhere in the event any of their products being sold have been found to be defected or a safety risk that the consumer would have to be the one most inconvenienced.