People are not receiving all my texts and viceversa
stito85

I just changed this week to the Galaxy Nexus from a 3G phone. Before I had no problems with sending text messages and pictures through stock messages but with the new phone, several of my messages are not being received in the other side. It appears that it has been sent but they just do not arrive. Same with some messages and pictures they send me, some just do not reach my phone. I changed from stck sms (android default) to 3rd party (Handcent or something) still, i do not receive some messages... anyway, same problem. Is this a 4G problem? a Samsung problem? or a Google problem? Is being resolved?

Is worth to mention that the person I send most sms is on a Metro PCS blackberry, but still I had no problems with my android LG Ally before. Just after I changed to the Nexus. What is the problem here? how do I resolve it?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: People are not receiving all my texts and viceversa
Not applicable

Stito85, thank you for your post. I certainly want to make sure we get your text messages working. I have not seen this issue as a known issue on the Nexus. Is this happening with different people? Are you using any special characters, graphics, signatures, etc in the messages that do not send? Try deleting your SMS thread with the number it is happening with mostly and try sending text messages again. If the issue is still occurring, we may need to submit a trouble ticket to our network team. In that case, we'll need the dates and times that the messages were sent and from which number so we can further investigate.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
II12yanII

i am also having the same issue with the nexus. at times when i dont receive any texts i reboot my phone and then i receive my texts

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I have had this problem. I can't download pics sent me via text message or upload them. I downloaded handcent which solved the problem. I would rather use stock, but can't until the software update hits.

0 Likes
rodger56

I am having the same issue as the original poster.  My SMS messages show as sent but are not received by the other person and vice versa when I am sent a message by someone else.  I've seen it happen with Verizon to Verizon texting as well. 

Please let me know if a fix is found for this issue.

0 Likes
mhugar

I am having the same issue as the original poster.

0 Likes
JamesSC

I wonder if this is just part of the poor signal strength/dropped call issue? I am beginning to think that this phone has a hardware issue with either the antenna or the "radio".

0 Likes
ryeager182

My sister and I are having the same issue with our Droid Razr phones. There are two numbers on AT&T that I have issues with consistently, and my sister is having issues with another Verizon customer. This was never an issue before, but as soon as we upgraded from 3G to LTE phones this has been an ongoing and incredibly frustrating issue.

I got Verizon Tech Support to file a network ticket to have the problem looked into more, and was told that the issue is with AT&T, not Verizon. I argued that this makes no sense since my sister is having the same issue with another Verizon customer but there was no note of this on the ticket so it was never looked into. Adding to the frustration, I was told that the issue is "resolved".

0 Likes
JBV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue as original poster. Has there been a resolution? please advise. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JBV!

I'm so sorry for the trouble you are having with text messages. Were you able to answer any of the questions or troubleshooting steps we provided the original poster? Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes