People can't hear me when i call them
Danelle312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can hear people just fine, but suddenly no one can hear me when I call them. I've used my son's phone to call and they can hear me, so it's not the service. I have shut down and restarted by phone, I have tried calling different numbers and same problem. They say it just sounds like the line is dead. HELP!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: People can't hear me when i call them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danelle312, this would definitely have me just as worried. That's an important key part of your phone that needs to work. Just in case, does your phone exhibit any signs of physical or water/moisture damage? Be sure to check the headphone and charging port areas for signs of rust, corrosion, and discoloration.

If preferred, bring it in to a local store for a hands on evaluation. As long as there are no signs of the above, your phone should be covered under warranty for a replacement.

Snn5 - I used to experience the same at times with my S6 Edge too. It has not happened to me since early to mid summer. The only changes I can recall doing that may have helped was disabling my Advanced Calling feature temporarily, and then turning it back on, and a factory reset. I performed the reset because my phone was starting to run a bit slow, and lagging behind with the on screen keyboard. Not sure if you have tried those options out. recently. My S6 Edge has been working much better since.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you Danielle312. We want to make sure that you can stay connected. Let's get to work.  What happens if you tried speaker phone or a headset? When did the issue start? Can you provide the make and model please?
BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had this issue as well - though it's intermittent and I have not been able to detect any pattern at all, it seems totally random.  Using speakerphone enables me to continue with the call, but that'snot always an option.  Bluetooth in the car works.  I changed the case I was using and that has helped by having nothing near the microphone.  But I still have calls (received and ones I  initiate) that result in the other party unable to hear me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, we want all of your friends and family to hear you clearly. Have you noticed any specific area that you travel and experience these issues? When did this first begin? I am glad to hear that the case has helped to reduce the issue but we would like to work toward all of your calls going smoothly.
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

SuzyQ, we want all of your friends and family to hear you clearly. Have you noticed any specific area that you travel and experience these issues?  No, it happens at home, out and about town, on wifi and on cellular, there is no pattern that I can discern.

When did this first begin? It's been happening since I've had the phone, early August of this year.

I am glad to hear that the case has helped to reduce the issue but we would like to work toward all of your calls going smoothly.
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Danelle312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung s6 edge.  It doesn't work on speakerphone or when I remove my case.  I also tried using soundhound and it didn't hear any music coming through

0 Likes
Danelle312
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and it's been happening for a couple of weeks only

0 Likes
Danelle312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not received any response on this issue.  Is there any way to resolve this?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Danelle312-

Our apologies for the delay in a response. I know how important having a prompt resolution is and I am here to assist getting this resolved for you. You mentioned this started a couple of weeks ago. Did this started after a software update or an application download? Does this happen in a place in particular or everywhere you go? I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
VZWlow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Danelle312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it happened around the same time as my last updated on 10/22. It happens everywhere and it's not just phone calls,  it's anything that requires the microphone,  so that definitely is the problem. Here is the update I received last:

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support<forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote: img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

People can't hear me when i call them

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - View the full discussion

Danelle312-

Our apologies for the delay in a response. I know how important having a prompt resolution is and I am here to assist getting this resolved for you. You mentioned this started a couple of weeks ago. Did this started after a software update or an application download? Does this happen in a place in particular or everywhere you go? I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW

VZWlow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes