Phone Not Vibrating On Incoming Incoming Text Messages
Annie1025MW

My phone previously vibrated with incoming text messages.  I have the setting checked to do so - 'Also vibrate when notified'.

I have read a few threads elsewhere to set the 'vibration intensity'.  Well, no luck there as the option under sound setting is now grayed out so I can't even select it. 

I am running the new ED05, firmware 2.2.2.  This was not an issue previous to the update and also seems more people are having this issue!

Any suggestions????  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Not Vibrating On Incoming Incoming Text Messages
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Annie1025MW wrote:

My phone previously vibrated with incoming text messages.  I have the setting checked to do so - 'Also vibrate when notified'.

I have read a few threads elsewhere to set the 'vibration intensity'.  Well, no luck there as the option under sound setting is now grayed out so I can't even select it. 

I am running the new ED05, firmware 2.2.2.  This was not an issue previous to the update and also seems more people are having this issue!

Any suggestions????  Thanks in advance.

Seems each time Verizon sends up an update to fix an issue, it causes other issues with this phone.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you checked the Vibrate option under Settings / Audio menu?

0 Likes
AEisele

I am convinced my phone isn't vibrating either. I have it set to always vibrate, vibrate on notifications, and have the vibrate insensity on it's highest setting, but my phone can be sitting right in front of me or in my pocket and I hear or feel nothing but then I check and I have a text. 

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

You can try>

Menu...Settings...Sound settings..

click on  'Vibrate' ..make sure it is set to 'Always'...

Then scroll down to 'Haptic feedback' under sound settings

and turn that on.

That should enable the 'Vibration Intensity' option.

Then try again.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Herbb623 for your suggestion!

AEisele, have you tried checking the settings and following the steps that are listed in Herbb623's post? If so, did this resolve your issue?

Please let us know how it worked out for you. 

Thanks, 

0 Likes
BobA963

I have the exact same issue as Annie1025MW!  Same ED05, same firmware. . . . . . I used to love this phone, but now. . . . . not so much!

0 Likes
enaidmm

I'm having te same issues with my phone vibrate doesn't work.  Where is the "audio menu"?

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Community!

I never even paid attention to this "feature" not working until I saw this post.

I have sent OUR concerns to Samsung to see what can be done about the phone not vibrating on incoming SMS messages.

0 Likes