Phone hasn't vibrated for six months
slaudrai

I got my phone in September or October and it stopped functioning about 30 days after I got it. I assumed that the Verizon warranty that came with my phone was all it had, so I figured I was stuck with it. I recently found out that the phone comes with a manufacturer's warranty (that should've been obvious, but I'm quicker to guess that I'm out of luck). There's no resolving this one - the phone stopped vibrating completely. Sometimes, if I might shake it in such a very particular way, it will then vibrate until it's jostled again, and then it stops. This happens maybe once a month and lasts about an hour. So, in the past seven or so months of owning this phone, six of those months it has only had the vibrate function for a total of six hours. Then, hurray, I realize I need to take it to a store to try to get it replaced or fixed or something.

Then the new troubles start! I used to be able to mount my phone to my Mac and get photos off of it, and put some music onto it. Now it simply will not mount. The terminal trick does not work, Salling does not work, debugging does not work, the media player versus mass storage thing doesn't work. If I'm going to try to get my phone fixed, I'd like to get my photos and videos safely on my computer before handing it over to Verizon. Is there ANYTHING I can do about that, or am I just giving in and letting them take my stuff?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone hasn't vibrated for six months
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your inquiry. Adding to what was stated, in the posting from slaudrai it was not clear on what type of device you had the no vibrating issue. You would have a one year warranty from the date of purchase if you purchased from Verizon Wireless or one of our authorized dealers. I am providing a link to our website where you can enter the type phone you have to find the settings you may need to go into on your phone for enable the vibrating to see if an adjustment. The idea of using a Micro SD memory card is a good idea for saving your media, if the device you have supports a memory card.

If you continue having issues, we certainly would suggest a possible phone replacement.  But the link also offer trouble shooting steps that might be able to resolve the issues your experiencing. The link is: 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
someyoungguy
well for one all your pics and vids are on your sd card so you shouldnt lose them If I were you call vzw and have them send you a replacement before its to late
0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Remove the battery for 10 minutes and try again, if vibrate don't work you need to have phone replaced, you keep your SD card it's yours, after the last VZ improvement (DL09) the Fascinate no longer mounts to a Mac, sorry.

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided instructions below on how to transfer your media files using your media card.  Remember that you should remove your memory card from your old phone before it is replaced.   The link below will also take you to the owner’s manual on the My Verizon web site. 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5528&m=

Memory Card

Your phone supports removable microSD™ or microSDHC™

memory cards of up to 32GB capacity, for storage of music,

pictures, videos, and other files.

Installing and Removing a Memory Card

For more information about installing and removing a memory

card, see “Memory Card” on page 12.

Important!: To prevent damage to information stored on the memory card,

unmount the card before removing it from the phone.

Formatting a Memory Card

Formatting erases all content from the memory card and

prepares it for use with your phone.

Formatting a Memory Card using Your Phone

1. From the Home screen, touch MenuSettingsSD

card & phone storage

2. Touch Unmount SD card.

3. After unmounting the SD card, touch Format SD card.

4. Follow the prompts to confirm the formatting of the card.

Formatting a Memory Card using Your Computer

For best playback of songs stored on a microSD™ or

microSDHC™ memory card, use the PC file system FAT32.

Consult your computer and/or memory card reader

documentation for information about formatting memory cards.

Transferring Files to a Memory Card

Transferring files using the Media Sync USB setting

1. From the Home screen, touch MenuSettingsUSB

SettingsUSB Mode, then select Media Sync.

2. Attach your phone to the computer with a USB cable. Your

phone recognizes the connection and displays Media Sync:

connected in the Annunciator Line and Notifications Panel.

3. Transfer files to the memory card. When finished, you can

disconnect the USB cable.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your inquiry. Adding to what was stated, in the posting from slaudrai it was not clear on what type of device you had the no vibrating issue. You would have a one year warranty from the date of purchase if you purchased from Verizon Wireless or one of our authorized dealers. I am providing a link to our website where you can enter the type phone you have to find the settings you may need to go into on your phone for enable the vibrating to see if an adjustment. The idea of using a Micro SD memory card is a good idea for saving your media, if the device you have supports a memory card.

If you continue having issues, we certainly would suggest a possible phone replacement.  But the link also offer trouble shooting steps that might be able to resolve the issues your experiencing. The link is: 

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html  

0 Likes