Phone keeps saying it's chargning, even though not plugged in.
robojerk

So my nexus is acting up all of a sudden.  I just recently have been experiencing some really poor battery life and the other day noticed my phone was intermittently saying it was charging, then back to the non charging state even though it was not plugged in.  Every time it goes into the false charging state the display lights up, and depending how bad the intermittent problem is the screen could stay on for about an hour and the phone starts to get really hot in my pocket.

I did a Google search and saw that I am not the only one experiencing issues.

https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!category-topic/mobile/android-devices/Ra...

0 Likes
Re: Phone keeps saying it's chargning, even though not plugged in.
TK3041

I've got the same issue with my Nexus, just started happening in the past week.  I spoke with Verizon tech support today and they said Samsung has a software update coming out this month to correct this and other issues with the device... they couldn't tell me why this issue has only started in the last week however... Hoping the software update works...

0 Likes
Re: Phone keeps saying it's chargning, even though not plugged in.
MIFLYBOY

I have the same issue. The phone says that it is charging all day and suffers from exceptionaly short battery life (7hours) with almost no useage. I might just as well have a traditional corded phone as I am teathered to a charger most of the day and can not trust the battery life. I wonder why it started about three weeks ago? What changed Samsung/Verizon? Fix this phone!

0 Likes