Phone not receiving calls during Sleep mode
trntl

Ever since the software upgrade my phone sometimes does not receive incoming calls when it's in sleep mode.   It doesn't wake up, ring, buzz or anything.  It doesn't record the missed calls in the Call Log.   And if the caller left a voice message,  it doesn't show the  voice mail puzzle piece in the unlock screen. 

This afternoon my wife tried calling me while my phone was asleep (screen saver on , but not powered off). 
 She was using her ATT wireless.  We were in the same room, and she had here speaker on.  So I could hear
her phone dialing and my line ringing.   Nonetheless, there was no response from my phone for several rings.  So I pressed the right side button, woke up my phone and unlock it, then it began to ring!

Later I tried calling my phone from my work phone while it was sleeping.  It woke by itself up and rang immediately.   This was an ATT land line. 

What is going on?

I looked through every menu I could find to see if there is a setting I need to change.  I can't find anything relating to this problem.  Could it be an issue with Verizon vs ATT Wireless?  

I would greatly appreciate any help! 

0 Likes
Re: Phone not receiving calls during Sleep mode
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

There is another thread on this I am having same issue

I have sent it in 3 times to Samsung

1st they put ED01 software on

2nd time they put on ED03

It is currently at Samsung will post when I here from them as of yet they keep sending it back and say it works

the key is to let it go to sleep it took me about a month to figure out what was happening 

and since i have been sending it in another month+ 

I am about ready to get rid of this phone I paid 549.00 and the phone does not work  Every thing else is great but not phone

my dumb phone I am using while the smart phone is in the mail Over a month has not missed 1 call

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

trntl wrote:

Ever since the software upgrade my phone sometimes does not receive incoming calls when it's in sleep mode.   It doesn't wake up, ring, buzz or anything.  It doesn't record the missed calls in the Call Log.   And if the caller left a voice message,  it doesn't show the  voice mail puzzle piece in the unlock screen. 

This afternoon my wife tried calling me while my phone was asleep (screen saver on , but not powered off). 
 She was using her ATT wireless.  We were in the same room, and she had here speaker on.  So I could hear
her phone dialing and my line ringing.   Nonetheless, there was no response from my phone for several rings.  So I pressed the right side button, woke up my phone and unlock it, then it began to ring!

Later I tried calling my phone from my work phone while it was sleeping.  It woke by itself up and rang immediately.   This was an ATT land line. 

What is going on?

I looked through every menu I could find to see if there is a setting I need to change.  I can't find anything relating to this problem.  Could it be an issue with Verizon vs ATT Wireless?  

I would greatly appreciate any help! 

I  have not found a fix yet

I have done 2 factory resets,deactivated it 5-6 times and reactivated it  to reprovision

Sent it to Samsung 3 times  updated PRL several times.

Hope Samsung sends new Phone but it may not be phone it may be there software.

If any one has a fix I would be very Grateful.

I suspect Samsung would be also they do not seem to be able to fix it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have escalated this issue to our product development team to be looked at.  I have heard several things with the Froyo update on the Fascinate, but this is the first.  Beyond wiping the phone, there is not much else you can do that's software related.  

Please keep us posted on any word from Samsung regarding this issue, and I will do the same.  Have you had a replacement yet? Software updates can cause this issue, but if it can't be fixed, a replacement would be the best option that I can think of to solve the problem. 

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

MikeS_VZW wrote:

I have escalated this issue to our product development team to be looked at.  I have heard several things with the Froyo update on the Fascinate, but this is the first.  Beyond wiping the phone, there is not much else you can do that's software related.  

Please keep us posted on any word from Samsung regarding this issue, and I will do the same.  Have you had a replacement yet? Software updates can cause this issue, but if it can't be fixed, a replacement would be the best option that I can think of to solve the problem. 

Just got a email from Samsung they said it would not DL software/ prl which is not true this is the same thing they did the last 2 times

Put the software on and send it back this is not fixing the phone this is sad.

I will give them a break and see if it works and post back

I do not no how reinstalling the same software a 3rd time will get any different results  that is insane why they think it will work any different on 3rd try .

Than they asked me if I had insurance   I said why they said so I can get it replaced I said I have only had it 4 months and it has a one year warranty why would I need insurance I have never dropped it or any thing why would I want Insurance to replace a phone that clearly is a defect in manufacture
They said we just repair them not replace them

To me it looks like they can't repair it and want to have someone else pay to replace it

0 Likes
akwest66

Since the update there have been a few times when I have the phone two feet away from me but I do not hear it ring and all of the sudden see I have messages. Very perplexing. Never did this before the update.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

akwest66 wrote:

Since the update there have been a few times when I have the phone two feet away from me but I do not hear it ring and all of the sudden see I have messages. Very perplexing. Never did this before the update.

To tell if you are having this problem - check the call log if the call shows in the call log you do not have this problem

If it does not you do

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
HeyChrisA

I am having this same problem.  Since the update I miss almost all of my calls. 

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Got my Fascinate   back from Samsung for the 3rd time.

Still same problem.

Called and got transferred to Executive Customer Service they are replacing my phone.

I will post after I get new one and let every one know if this fixes the problem.

0 Likes