Phone not sending texts
murphdawg73

I went into my local verizon with an issue a few weeks ago, and the tech spent over an hour trying to get my phone to stop going in and out of service every 5 seconds or so. He finally did a factory reset, which seemed to solve the problem. When all was said and done my phone had sent the same message 82 times (not exaggerating) to my coworker, thank goodness she has unlimited texting. Now its been a few weeks and my phone won't send texts again. I'm sick of having to completely lose all my information on my phone to fix it, and it doesn't even last a month. I was told by the tech at verizon that if my phone wouldn't work that there was nothing they could do since it was outside of manufacturer warrenty and i didn't have insurance. last i checked the insurance was to protect me if i broke my phone, not protect the company for factory or software defects. I'm due for a device upgrade in just over a month and its ridiculous that they can't just do it early when its a problem completely out of my control. Not for nothing but if I stopped paying for the services that i can't use verizon would be all over my case. Anyone have any new ideas besides a factory reset or dialing *228 or removing the battery for 10 minutes to try to fix this?

Also, i've noticed other posts talking about the phantom back key (mine does that all the time while i'm on the facebook ap) and the screen capture thing when you try to lock the screen which is totally obnoxious as well. Totally considering an iPhone as my next phone, sorry andriod i'm not impressed.

0 Likes
Re: Phone not sending texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi murphdawg73,

I understand your concerns regarding the factory reset option to resolve your phone's issues. When a factory reset resolves phone issues and these issues reoccur after a few days or weeks, this indicates that such issues are mostly related to 3rd party applications installed after reset. I suggest doing a factory reset and installing 3rd party applications one at a time and test for a while between installs; this will help you identify the conflicting application which I recommend to remove for good.

While we do not have any early upgrade programs available, you can order a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement phone http://goo.gl/3CLWS at a discounted if you want to replace your phone before your upgrade eligibility date. This will not affect your current customer service or your upgrade eligibility.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
PACAP03

Ever since the last software update a couple of weeks ago my Samsung S5 has been doing the same thing. It constantly goes in and out of service and won't send text messages. This had not happened prior to the software update. I have no applications on my phone that did not come from the Play Store. Is this a trend with the last software update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PACAP03

Sorry to hear about the trouble sending messages! I'd love to get this resolved. Does the trouble continue when the phone is in Safe Mode? Here's how to test: http://vz.to/1eW2nsP

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes