Phone ringing not too loud
lgale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering why I have to place my phone screen side down to hear it ringing, if I set it down I can hardly hear the phone ringing when I set it on a table  unless it's upside down?? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone ringing not too loud
lgale
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I figured it out!!!  I took the cover off that I bought for my phone off the back, called the phone and it was ringing loud, put it back on couldn't hear it...so it's the soft silicone type cover that;s on it that is causing it.....guess I might have to get a different one or leave it off.  case closed LOL!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Have you verified that the volume is all the way up?  Sometimes those buttons can get pressed by accident, lowering the volume without knowing it.  That being said, I do the same thing with my Eris when I use it as an alarm clock (but then again, I'm really hard to wake up).

0 Likes
lgale
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes the volume is up to max, it's just weird that when I set it down screen up it's really quiet when it's ringing, guess the speaker on the back can't be covered up, I hate to have to face down all the time, any other suggestions, I 've never had trouble with any other phones before doing this.

0 Likes
lgale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wondered why I kept missing calls all the time, it's because you can't hear it ringing if you're in another room!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Other than making sure the volume is maxed out (which you did) or propping it, or setting it face down to make sure the speaker isn't covered, I don't have any more suggestions, though hopefully someone who actually owns a Fascinate will have something useful.  

0 Likes
lgale
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok thanks, maybe someone else has this same issue.

0 Likes
lgale
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I figured it out!!!  I took the cover off that I bought for my phone off the back, called the phone and it was ringing loud, put it back on couldn't hear it...so it's the soft silicone type cover that;s on it that is causing it.....guess I might have to get a different one or leave it off.  case closed LOL!

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I have 3 Fascinates each with a silicon type cover.  BUT, the cover has a small square hole cut into it right over the speaker on the rear cover.   If I cover that 'hole' with my finger,then I too cannot hear it ring.  But uncovered, its OK.

Perhaps you can cut a small hole in your cover right over the rear speaker ??  May be enough to solve the problem and save you from buying another cover.   Just a thought : - )

0 Likes
lgale
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has a hole already there, strange isn't it??

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

lgale wrote:

It has a hole already there, strange isn't it??

Igale,

I'm using the case/holster available at Best Buy.  It is their "Pt" series.  Cost about $35.  I highly recommend it, and no, I don't work for BB!    Sound quality with the case is crystal clear.  It has the cutout for the speaker, and because the case is somewhat rigid, I think it actually helps in radiating the sound.

Ed sends

0 Likes