Phone turns off blue tooth connection after 30 seconds into the call (when screen goes to sleep)
TimReas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Installed 2.2, paired my fascinate with my plantronics explore 240 headset, accessed voice dial (which worked), connected my call, after thirty (30) seconds the blue tooth connection dropped, picked up the phone and continued the conversation.  Just turning on bluetooth and leaving the phone sit for 5+ minutes keeping the screen active the blue tooth does not turn off, let the screen go to sleep and the blue tooth turns off.

I can not maintain a blue tooth connection when the screen goes to sleep, not even during a call.  Is there a setting I am missing to keep this from happening or ... An alternative?

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone turns off blue tooth connection after 30 seconds into the call (when screen goes to sleep)
TimReas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech support had me restore factory settings.  Not the optimum solution but ... It did work

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Phone turns off blue tooth connection after 30 seconds into the call (when screen goes to sleep)
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi. 

The Bluetooth should not disconnect when your screen goes to sleep.  Have you tried re-pairing the Bluetooth since the upgrade?  Below I have provided you with the steps to pair the Bluetooth again.  (Please make sure both devices are fully charged when doing so.)

Step 1 - Enable Bluetooth functionality on the Samsung Fascinate.

Note: The Bluetooth power must be set to ON position to pair the handset with a Bluetooth headset.

1. From the main screen, tap Menu.
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Wireless & Networks
  4. Tap Bluetooth to turn on Bluetooth

Step 2 - Put your fully charged Bluetooth headset into pairing mode.

1. Start with your Bluetooth accessory powered off.
  2. Press and hold the Call Control Button until the light indicator flashes blue and red. 
  3. Your Bluetooth accessory is now in pairing mode and ready to be paired with your handset.

Step 3 - Pair the Samsung Fascinate with a Bluetooth Accessory.

Note: The Bluetooth power must be set to ON position to pair the handset with a Bluetooth headset.

1. From the main screen, tap Menu
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Wireless & Networks
  4. Tap Bluetooth Settings
  5. Place accessory in pairing mode, see accessory pairing instructions.
  6. Tap Scan for Devices, device starts Searching.
  7. Tap [Plantronics Bluetooth] to pair
  8. Pairing Complete, touch home to exit.

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

0 Likes
annehajos

My samsung fascinate will not stay connected with my car since the update on 5/20/2011.  I think it tried to do the update twice and failed the second time.  Also have trouble with a weather app that keeps saying no data.  Did not have this problem before the "update" last week.  I have already tried turning the bluetooth off and restarting it.  Also turned the phone off and reset it but no change.  Bluetooth connection only lasts 10 minutes at most.  On 5/20/2011 before the "update" it stayed connected for 1.5 hours while driving.  Need this fixed as soon as possible as I am planning a long trip and need phone connected through car for hands free calling.

0 Likes
TimReas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech support had me restore factory settings.  Not the optimum solution but ... It did work

0 Likes