Re: Phone won't stay in 3G, goes into "D" mode all the time, missed calls, failed texts
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked with the folks at the non-Verizon store and one of the gals has the Fascinate.  She told me that the "D" just means "dormant", IOW 3G isn't uploading, downloading, syncing, etc.  So no big deal there. She also checked all my settings after the hard reboot and said they're fine.  I don't plan on changing them.  And now that I've done the hard reboot, going back to factory settings, let's hope that the dropped call issue is resolved.  Even if it's not, now that I've thought about it they're likely happening when my signal is weakest, right here at this crazy computer.  You'd think that a smartphone would be better than a non-smart phone at pulling signal, but I'll just have to deal with it I guess.  Thanks for everyone's help and support; I'll continue to keep an eye on things to see if my theory is accurate.

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't stay in 3G, goes into "D" mode all the time, missed calls, failed texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I was wondering about that. If that the D was just the dormant signal. I just wasn't sure because I couldn't tell if this was under the 3G symbol in place of the up down arrows or just a D instead of the 3G symbol.

If this is the case, it is normal to see that. My Eris used to do that all the time. I haven't noticed it too much on my Tbolt though. On the other hand, I am more actively using the Tbolt than I did with the Eris.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah the "D" is in place of the arrows, under the 3G symbol, sorry for the confusion.  I walked through my house & discovered the best signal short of going outside is by the front door; go figure.  So, if I'm on an important call, I guess that's where I'll have to be.  Bummer that I wouldn't have the computer in front of me, at least until I can figure out how to be online and talking to someone at the same time :smileyhappy:

0 Likes