Phones offered as replacement of fascinate
ozone521

After much back & forth with the problems that I (along with many others) am having with my Fascinate, I was finally offered a replacement. The first offer was a CPO Fascinate, which I politely refused. The next offer was a Continuum or a Droid X. I think I may have actually laughed at those offers when the Customer Service Rep told me those were my choices. How can they offer these options to me? Especially since I have been on the phone with them and visited a Verizon store several times in the last month and a half and not one was I offered what others have been offered - Incredible 2, Charge, X2. I was told that offer was for a very limited time, which seems like another joke to me considering I visited the store in that very limited time & there was no mention of it. This is all so frustrating. And then to add insult to injury, they offer me phones like the Continuum and X? If I wanted one of those, I had the option to get one of them when I purchased the Fascinate!

I asked the Customer Service Rep to make a note on my account and I would look into what other options I have. I am expecting a call (was supposed to happen 15 minutes ago) from a gentleman I was in contact with last week to hopefully resolve this issue.

Maybe it's time to look into another provider. I hate to do it, but I may not have a choice.

0 Likes
Re: Phones offered as replacement of fascinate
Wildman
Legend

You do realize that the devices offered is listed equal to your device, you want them to upgrade you to a newer device and they are offering this because this isnt their best financal decision....   And by the way the Droid X is a nice device in my opinion, I carried two for almost a year with little to no issues, I recently updated to a Thunderbolt and I have had nothing but a nice experiance with it...  

I still have one Droid X and feel that the device isnt insulting to be offered to replace a Samsung device, I havent had any goof luck with any Samsung device I got and support on them is like non existing... 

You take it as a insult only because you want to upgrade devices and Verizon figure out that a number of users play this game to get a free update, Verizon is trying to work with you and come up with a workable solution but you want more...

I would go for the Droid X and enjoy..

0 Likes
ozone521

I appreciate your response. I was more insulted by the Continuum offer. And after reading the Droid X reviews on Verizon's website, I am hestitant to pick that phone as well. My rant was in response to the runaround I seem to be getting. I was patient and did all the software updates & I am still having issues. Meanwhile they were replacing other user's phones with an upgraded phone during the same time I decided to work with them instead of asking for a replacement. I guess that was my fault in all of this. I just trusted that the right thing would be done without all the extra calling & trips to the store I've had to endure.

And I am still waiting for my 4:00 PM phone call that was supposed to happen.

Funny thing just happened too....I hit the messaging button on my phone & Facebook opens. I use task manager to clear all running apps, go back, hit messaging and now the dial pad pops up. Can I just get a phone that works likes it's supposed to???

0 Likes
adamamazing

i called saturday when my phone was at its worse in a long time. was offered another Fascinate as well which i refused.they then offered me either the X2 or Incredible 2.i will my the Incredible 2 with an extended battery(appearantly the normal battery covers were out of stock) tomorrow.i'd just try being persistent about the X2 or Incredible 2 if i were you.

0 Likes
ozone521

I ended up with a X2. And it didn't require much pleading. I think I will be happy with my choice. Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes