Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phones offered as replacement of fascinate
ozone521

After much back & forth with the problems that I (along with many others) am having with my Fascinate, I was finally offered a replacement. The first offer was a CPO Fascinate, which I politely refused. The next offer was a Continuum or a Droid X. I think I may have actually laughed at those offers when the Customer Service Rep told me those were my choices. How can they offer these options to me? Especially since I have been on the phone with them and visited a Verizon store several times in the last month and a half and not one was I offered what others have been offered - Incredible 2, Charge, X2. I was told that offer was for a very limited time, which seems like another joke to me considering I visited the store in that very limited time & there was no mention of it. This is all so frustrating. And then to add insult to injury, they offer me phones like the Continuum and X? If I wanted one of those, I had the option to get one of them when I purchased the Fascinate!

I asked the Customer Service Rep to make a note on my account and I would look into what other options I have. I am expecting a call (was supposed to happen 15 minutes ago) from a gentleman I was in contact with last week to hopefully resolve this issue.

Maybe it's time to look into another provider. I hate to do it, but I may not have a choice.

0 Likes
Re: Phones offered as replacement of fascinate
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You do realize that the devices offered is listed equal to your device, you want them to upgrade you to a newer device and they are offering this because this isnt their best financal decision....   And by the way the Droid X is a nice device in my opinion, I carried two for almost a year with little to no issues, I recently updated to a Thunderbolt and I have had nothing but a nice experiance with it...  

I still have one Droid X and feel that the device isnt insulting to be offered to replace a Samsung device, I havent had any goof luck with any Samsung device I got and support on them is like non existing... 

You take it as a insult only because you want to upgrade devices and Verizon figure out that a number of users play this game to get a free update, Verizon is trying to work with you and come up with a workable solution but you want more...

I would go for the Droid X and enjoy..

0 Likes
ozone521

I appreciate your response. I was more insulted by the Continuum offer. And after reading the Droid X reviews on Verizon's website, I am hestitant to pick that phone as well. My rant was in response to the runaround I seem to be getting. I was patient and did all the software updates & I am still having issues. Meanwhile they were replacing other user's phones with an upgraded phone during the same time I decided to work with them instead of asking for a replacement. I guess that was my fault in all of this. I just trusted that the right thing would be done without all the extra calling & trips to the store I've had to endure.

And I am still waiting for my 4:00 PM phone call that was supposed to happen.

Funny thing just happened too....I hit the messaging button on my phone & Facebook opens. I use task manager to clear all running apps, go back, hit messaging and now the dial pad pops up. Can I just get a phone that works likes it's supposed to???

0 Likes
adamamazing

i called saturday when my phone was at its worse in a long time. was offered another Fascinate as well which i refused.they then offered me either the X2 or Incredible 2.i will my the Incredible 2 with an extended battery(appearantly the normal battery covers were out of stock) tomorrow.i'd just try being persistent about the X2 or Incredible 2 if i were you.

0 Likes
ozone521

I ended up with a X2. And it didn't require much pleading. I think I will be happy with my choice. Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes