Physical home button sloppy
MMCBARNZ

My S6 is 10 months old and just yesterday I noticed the physical home button is sloppy and non-responsive. It doesn't have that hard "clicking" sound when I press it. I tried cleaning around it with rubbing alcohol thinking it was probably gunked up with lotion or something.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Michelle

0 Likes
Re: Physical home button sloppy
Ntkotz

I had the same issue with my android, but it spread to my power button so I couldn't even turn my screen on without plugging it into something. I was told it was an issue with the update not being done properly since I did it over WiFi and not my computer, but a hard reboot didn't fix the issue so I got a replacement phone (which is now having the same issue...) My advice is to try a factory reboot to see if it helps, because it might be a software issue. If it doesn't work or stops working after a while, you might have to take it in to a store to ask them to check it out.

0 Likes
MMCBARNZ

I will try that, thank you. I hope it doesn't spread. Seems like I just did a factory reset for a different issue not too long ago. The other thing is I really, really dislike handing my phone over to anyone. lol

0 Likes
Ntkotz

I understand that feeling. I got mine to work all day yesterday after it was acting up off and on for the past few days, but this morning my buttons completely stopped working so I've got to take it in anyway. Fun times. Hope yours works out though! According to the people I talked to mine was just "weird" for not getting in line after the reset. Best of luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MMCBARNZ, 10 months isn't long at all to start having issues with your phone. We want to make sure everythign is okay. When you say "sloppy" please explain a bit further what you mean. The button is definitely supposed to click on the S6.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes