noliver

I can't figure out how to fit my pictures to my home screen, when i go to save a picture as a wallpaper its blown up way too big. how do i fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Pics
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

When you select your picture, you will see your picture with an orange box.  Inside the box will be part of your picture clearly displayed, and outside this box will be the rest of your picture grayed.  What you will want to do is touch and hold the orange box.  When you do this, some sizing arrows will appear.  Without lifting your finger, drag toward the nearest edge of your picture.  It's easiest if you tap the top or bottom of your picture and drag up or down, respectively.  When you do this, it will display your entire picture clearly and there will be no grayed parts.  Of course, I've just told you how to do this if your picture is a horizontal picture with a 960 (Horizontal) x 800 (Vertical) ratio.  If it's different than this, you will need to crop the sides or the top/bottom of the picture to make it fit.  You can select whether you want to move the clear area up, down, or to the side by touching and holding that area and moving it in the direction you want it.

0 Likes
noliver

Ive done that, it crops the picture but when i set it as the wallpaper its like the phone enlarges the picture and half of the picture is in the screen and the other is off, the picture is just really distorted and huge. i didnt know if there was a way to either flip that orange box to vertically or if there was a way to find a size that i want the picture on my screen.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Oh, the photo doesn't enlarge, per se, it's just that your phone's screen can only display a ratio of 480 (Horizontal) x 800 (Vertical) at one time.  It scrolls as you flip through the different pages on your home screen.  You can download some launchers that will allow you to turn off that scrolling wallpaper feature though, but you will still need to upload something that has a ratio of 960 (H) x 800 (V).

0 Likes
noliver

how do i download that feature? is it in the market app on my phone? or do i find it elsewhere? also is there not a way to just change that phone setting for the size of what the screen allows?

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

Various launchers are available in the Market.  ADW and Laucher Pro are probably the most popular free launchers out there, but I've given Go launcher a try, and it's just as good, if not better, than Launcher Pro, imo.  But I still like ADW better than either.

But turning off the scrolling wallpaper will only allow you to see middle 480 x 800 of the 960 x 800 image you're going to be setting as the wallpaper so it still won't do what you're hoping to do with it.  The best thing to do is to use a wallpaper with an image in the middle or to use an image that is 480 x 800 to begin with and add filler to the outside, download a launcher to turn off the scrolling wallpaper, and select a wallpaper to use.

0 Likes