Pictures not sending
alongdaznite

When I try to text a picture using my Galaxy Nexus 3 I get the sending status and nothing more.  It never completes the send.  I talked to Verizon about this and they confirmed I was at the most current software level.  They had me power off, remove battery and memory card and power back on.  When I do this and reopen my text it will complete the send after a few seconds.  I have to do this everytime I want to send a picture.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Pictures not sending
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't a "Galaxy Nexus 3" model phone. Do you mean the Samsung Galaxy S3?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes for my Galaxy Nexus. When trying to send a Picture..the status just states Sending..it doesnt happen all the time but i have noticed it. I have been testing to figure it out if it happens from within text messaging and attaching picture or sending out from my gallery to txt message. Two ways i have got the message to send was turning off my Wifi and letting 4G take over and completing or reboot. It did happen once on 4G and not on Wifi so i switched from 4G to 3G and that didnt work, so i had to reboot. A factory reset maybe in order if i cant reproduce it at any given moment.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The occasional issues I have with MMS messages are more related to receiving them. I like to leave my data off for extended periods within range of wifi. If I get a MMS during that time even after turning on the data and wifi off the attachment doesn't download. I can usually reset/reboot the download if I send myself a small MMS. Once that image is sent and received on my Nexus or Tbolt, the other picture message will have downloaded its attachment.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DroidGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been reported in the past, going to try to suggestions on page 5 and 6. I wonder why the thread got locked..

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/754758

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe because it was started in Dec 2011?

0 Likes
DroidGalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 3

cant always duplicate it but sending a photo to myself got my 3 pictures in a row sent that were stuck

0 Likes