Poor antenna?
mrk1

Fascinate never reports a signal greater than -86 dbm. Bars bounce from full to none. Time without signal at least 10 percent. I compared to 2 models in store and noticed same issues. where droid phones in same store reported full bars and                 -60's dbm. I live less than a mile from tower and my wifes motorola droid stays full bars -60 to -70's dbm. Yes I have tried the *228 option 1 and 2. Im on latest prl. Did samsung put a poor antenna in the fascinates? Or is this a baseband issue that will be fixed? The gps takes at least 2 to 3 minutes to lock where the motorola is instantaneous. Its like I have gone back to at&t with this reception.

0 Likes
Re: Poor antenna?
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
My first fascinate did the same thing with the always bouncing signal. Took it in and exchanged it and now perfect signal. I really think you just having a hardware issue. My gps also takes a minuet or two to connect if I don't leave it on all the time, and leaving it on has no ill affects on battery life on my unit.
0 Likes
Sexy43
Enthusiast - Level 2

My is the same way. The salesman informed me at Verizon that Samsung do not make good phones with good signal, Imagine That!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Sexy43 wrote:

My is the same way. The salesman informed me at Verizon that Samsung do not make good phones with good signal, Imagine That!

the salesman does not always know.

i have had my current samsung phone for almost 2 years.

i have never had a signal issue.

samsung builds solid phones

there are occasional software issues, but the hardware is great

0 Likes