Poor phone reception at home
Shadomen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone else noticing poor phone reception at home?

I love the Galaxy Nexus but the fact that I cannot rely on it as a phone when I am at home is very disappointing.  My previous 2 cell phones did not have this problem.  Basically what Im experiencing here is people call but the phone never rings for me.  If they leave a voice mail (or send a text message), sometimes I do not see that for 2-6 hours later.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Scott

Re: Poor phone reception at home
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do have a same problem from my home location also.I got a Nexus Google few weeks ago from Costco and the signal quality SUCKS.some times 0 bars on 4G and 1 bar on 3G.constantly changing from 4g to 3g. other issue I have dropping calls. from same location my other Verizon basic phone has full bars.I would wait for next update.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

My reception at home sucks too. Its always looking for a signal, which chews through the battery. A few blocks away at a pizza place the signal is usually around -76 and I have full bars. I never have full bars at home.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I finally succumbed and took a Certified Like New unit. I thought it sucked that after spending $650 in January that I don't have the option to have  the phone replaced with a new one for a few months at least, but I have to say the replacement is like night and day. My reception at home is a LOT better and I haven't lost a Verizon network connection since I activated it 24 hours ago. The previous Nexus, which was a new one, averaged 20 - 25% of the day without a network connection. It also is switching to 4G and 3G much more efficiently.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've actually bought a number certified pre owned devices (cheaper than new when i don't have an upgrade available) and so far, i have never been able to even tell that they aren't brand new.

as for those having issues, i would suggest forcing your nexus to 3g only, if you are in a spotty 4g area. easier on the battery and your much more likely to get the signal. you can always manually switch it to 4g if you are in a good 4g area and need the faster network (i only use 4g to stream video or download large files. i leave my tbolt on 3g 90% of the time and i'm in a great 4g city).

0 Likes
Phonie

I have home phone issues, also. We have good coverage per the coverage map and usually a strong signal per the device, but sometimes I will call my house and the call goes straight into voicemail, so no one at home hears the call. Same thing happens with callers not on my plan. So, some calls we get, and some we don't get. And sometimes the calls on VM don't show up for days after the message is left. Another issue is that calls are often dropped within seconds of the call being answered. I bought new phones when I began this service last summer, so I know that is not the problem. I do not have this problem with my cell phone in the house. Any assistance would be appreciated, as we need to be able to hear the phone ring!    

0 Likes