Poor radio signal
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got the Nexus yesterday, and my 3G signal is -100dbm to -120dbm.  My Iphone 4 was -85dbm to -93dbm in the same area.  Have not had a problem with calls, but I will lose data signal.  Have tried to set it to CDMA only, does not make a difference.  Is anyone else having signal issues with the Nexus?

0 Likes
Re: Poor radio signal
Bandit390

Only everyone that has the phone. I've notice that all these issues we have on the verizon nexus, have been around for a while on earlier released gsm verisons, etc and I don't see any of these getting fixed. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

With the new update they've pushed out if you havent got it yet should help with radio issues

Here's the Link: take a look an see if will help any.

Also i provided the link to the Owners manual: B33

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_galaxy_nexus.pdf

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/sam_galaxy_nexus/galaxynexus_manual.pdf

0 Likes
Sdiego

I believe we all got that update the moment the phone was activated. Perhaps the next update. latest is 4.02

0 Likes
akapam

I just purchased the Samsung Nexus and the signal stength is awful. Even the 3g signal is poor. I was standing right next to two of my sons who each have a droid and their signal was full strength while mine was non existant. In my office with my Droid I always had full strength. I live in Orlando and have never had a weak signal anywhere.....until now.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
revdave

I wanted to chime in here too. I have nothing to add other than an additional affected user. I feel like the Galaxy Nexus has a radio issue as my girlfriend switched from ATT to Verizon with a iPhone 4S and her signal is substantially better in the same locations. Granted, LTE is a little different but there must be an issue. I'm in Chicago, a huge urban environment and I know there is good coverage.

Just disappointing since I made the jump from Tmo to Verizon on their touted "spectacular coverage & speed" and this device is leaving me wishing I either waited or stayed where I was.

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I returned the Nexus, to me a good radio is expected on a high end phone.  I'm not going to spend weeks or months dealing with drop calls and data issues, hoping a software update fixes the issue.   Might be better in different areas of the country.  Went from -100 to-120dbm nexus back to -83 to-95 on old phone, no problems with voice or data.  Good luck hope it is only software.

0 Likes
Teryl

I have seen the issue with the signal bars being absent and the dbm also being at 100+ but the Nexus has held 3g so much better than my Droid X, Droid 2 or Droid Incredible 2 that I'm not going to complain. I work in what is best described as a cement bunker and I have never had consistent 3g.  With the nexus I get no bars but, I still have a solid 3g connection and I have not once dropped to 1x like the other phones did constantly.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

There are tons and tons of these reports across the internet. This is a serious issue and hopetully it's not a typical crap Samsung radio, but rather software. This was the major reason I dumped the Samsung Charge, a lousy radio that never got fixed.

0 Likes