Re: Poor radio signal
CnC

I am getting awful signal strength everywhere aka not connected at all. -100 to -120 dBm with 0 phone or interenet connectivity. Verizon brushing this off as cosmetic  is making me very angry.

0 Likes
CnC

Right now the phone is completely unuseable, its about to go back and im going back to ATT if Verizon doesn't make good and stop blowing off legitamate problems.

0 Likes
Bandit390

Data issues have been going on since day one with this phone.

Have full bars, but no 4g symbol = no data.
Have full bars, but no 3g symbol = no data.

No bars, shows 4g symbol = no data.
No bars, shows 3g symbol = no data.

Have some bars and 3g signal = no data.
Have some bars and 4g signal = no data.

Dropped calls in every type of situation.

Texts are failing.

I have been with verizon wireless for 5 years and have never had any of these issues. This might be the first time I actually return a phone.

0 Likes
sloann

With Samsung coming out with a new phone every two weeks, I doubt their QC even exists.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I hate to say this an hope i'm Wrong but it sounds like this phone is doing the same thing as the Facinate has done went off the Diving Board an never really came out the water. Shame! an to some that's getting this for Christmas it may be a early return item!. B33

0 Likes
BobbyDigi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issues as you all. 102db, on 4G and 92 on 3G in a decent coverage area. It sickens me. Especially how Verizon has deemed it a problem with the signal indicator and not the phone itself. If you guys do end up returning it, any plans on how you are to keep your 2 year upgrade and avoid the 15% restock fee? Thats one of the main things keeping me "hoping" that Ill wake up one day before the 15th and the signal will be good or the phone wont act retarded (reboots, quirky things, signal switching, etc). That and I dig the screen/formfactor/google branding. This phone has issues, clearly. More so than any phone Ive ever had and thats going back to the original Motorola StarTac (clearly not a smartphone). But still, I want it to work. I want it to get better. Like a fledgeling relationship, I wanna try. Its just, the clock is ticking to the 15th and I dont wanna be stuck with a lemon or a decive that will never recieve updates that shouldve been incorportaed at launch to prevent the phone from having issues such as reception comporable to 2 dixie cups tied to string. The thing thats most upsetting is those talking about not having any of the forementioned issues. Why did they get the "good" GNex's while we all may be stuck with these "things"? If we wait and put our faith in Google/Samsung/Verizon will we be rewarded with updates that allow our phone to work as good as those who praise it, without any issues?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well a 15% restocking fee these days i' ll say is going to be hard to get out of unless you can get the Rep to Wave it. When i got my X an my Incredible there was a restocking Sticker on the box.  But like i said if this phone is going to be prone to Issues then i'd get something Els. Unless you want to be in for the long haul of waiting for Updates an issue related problems to Subside. An with this Device being So New it's hard to Tell how long it'll be before Samsung can get the issues straighten out of it. If they can at all an they're not to Quick on getting updates out as well. But that can always Change. B33 :smileyhappy:  

0 Likes
BobbyDigi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good sentiments B33. I just believed, way too much in this phone, I guess, which is not to say Im gonna take it back. I may be willing to wait and deal with updates and a multitude of batteries. But that is only because I have been dying for a replacemnt to my Incredible for a while now. Funny though...my incredible has a better signal than this and seems more stable (not quicker though) and was rooted to boot (better battery too, by double)! Funny. I suppose I wish it wouldve been an HTC Nexus but I always kinda liked Sammy. Good HDD and great/yet expensive LCDs. I hope all the horror stories of samsung being bad about updates are overblown. Specifically because I thought the fixes would come by Google, and they would be rolled out with greater regularity since the Nexus corwd pays more to be in bed with the developers. Still up in the air but atleast its not an iphone 3.04G/s? or whatever.

0 Likes
jsprake1

Guys updates are coming from google not Samsung. This phone (Thank god ) doesn't have touch wiz. This phone has been better than the bionic and the razr (droid) I had before it.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

jsprake is right about the updates being from Google, not Samsung.  Samsung may be weird about update schedules, but Samsung didn't slow down progress on the Nexus S.  Google pays attention to updates and if they don't go well, they will pause them, as they have with the ICS update rolling out to Nexus S devices now.

0 Likes