Pop up on showing up on my phone
pr0crasturbator
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started happening about three days ago and it's about to drive me crazy. I like my phone most of the time, but this is really too much. Every time I get a text message from anyone (it seems)I get a pop up that says:

"Accessing data during trips outside the UD may result in signifigantly higher charges. Do you want to allow data access?" Underneath there are two choices "Deny Data Access for this trip.  Allow Data Access for this trip."

I work out of the town that i live in, but I am not on any trip...and I am afraid my charge will be high because this have never happened before.

Does anyone know how to stop this? It's really really annoying. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pop up on showing up on my phone
pr0crasturbator
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, so good. Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Try.

Menu

Settings

Wireless & Networks

Mobile networks     near bottom

then   Data Roaming

system selection     set to Automatic

Data roaming      Deny data roaming access

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
pr0crasturbator
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, so good. Thank you

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

If you you have a Nationwide plan there is no such thing as roaming charges for voice or data. The data roaming shut off option is in case you are outside the US. where roaming charges do apply. If you want to be sure call Verizon directly and ask. I travel all over US and use my phone for everything including ocassional use of Slingplayer or Netflix, no roaming charges for data.

0 Likes